Is this the right HU for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 16
I have two ten inch kicker solobarics 1200 RMS total. And as of now i have a sony xplod amp but its being changed soon. Im thinking of buying the pioneer DEHP6800MP
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/In-Dash-Players-Changers/sem/rpsm/catOid/-13089/N /20013088+20013089+40000282/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

Would this head unit be good enough to power my system or is there something else i should go with. Thank you very much for our help.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8902
pioner makes good HUs but if i had 2 buy i ould get their PREMIER modles instead - has a higher preout voltage & a few more features ,double warranty time too .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
whatdoes the higer pre-out voltage do?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 252
go here and scroll down to number 90 on the right

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I wet to 90 on the right which was titled pre out vltage and it was jus a writing on how idiots bump there music...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4509
That's displayed on all the pages, you have to scroll down further: http://www.bcae1.com/preoutv.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
"NOTE:A piece of equipment that has a higher maximum output voltage is not necessarily going to sound better than one which is only capable of 2 volts output." Thats Good to Know. With that in mind... I can get two different head units both same price one pionner one eclipse. The eclipse hsa more pre out voltage but its RMS output is 18x4 the pioneer has less pre out voltage but more RMS (22x4). With that said which do you think is better to go with. Thanks for all your help!

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 427
i think eclipse has better SQ i mean pioneer has great Head Units to but i would go with Eclipse

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2362
the 880 has great sq , im about to get one

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 255
It's going to be a pretty close call and everyone is going to have their own opiinion. Since you'll be hard pressed to hear much of a difference, your best bet is to try and go play around with both decks. The user interface is often overlooked and can be very important in choosing a deck. I also personally prefer the look of Pioneer decks over Eclipse and would look into the Premier line if I needed a new HU.

It would also be helpful to know what Pioneer and Eclipse decks you're looking at in the same price range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
I think i decided to go with the pionner premier deph680MP. Good HU for a good Price. Thanks for all the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us