Kicker KX1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 129
what will one of these do rms @1 OHM? arent they underrated?also, what will a SX1250.1 do? i have a 200A alt and everything. i plan on running 2 AA ARSENALS
thank you much

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1443
the birth sheet that came with my 1200.1 says 1490w @ 1ohm. it'll push those arsenals nicely.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
haha hey mike, thanks, theres a couple im looking at on ebay, i can get a factory refurbished one for 318 but i kinda like the sx1250 better, but i dont really know too much about kicker amps. what do you think?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1444
don't get the sx, the sx is only 2ohm stable if i remember correctly, and you can't wire your arsenals to that. and don't get a refurb 1200.1 for that price, get this one, brand new with full kicker warranty:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1570443/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

or you can look at a ed nine.1 it's $315 shipped.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
but the nine.1 only does 1200 rms right? or is it underated? and what do you think about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Resonant-Engineering-12-1-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ130019748338QQi hZ003QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
and oh yeah the sx1250.1 is stable at 1 ohm, its almost exactly like the kx1200 only it has the digital stuff, http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-SX1250-1-DIGITAL-MONO-SX-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AUDIO-AMP_W0QQ itemZ270020013488QQihZ017QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
this isnt the one i was looking at, im just showin ya

Bronze Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 19
im looking at that same amp u are the kicker kx1200.1 for my two s10ls by kicker. I cant really find that amp anywhere only on hifisoundconnection and someone told me the specs on that site arent even right. Do you know any other sites i can look at that amp. Thnaks a lot!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Hey mike, do you think that amp would power my solobarics enough or is there something else you know of. Thank you!

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 492
get the kx 1200 i have one and its birthsheet says 1500 watts

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3198
grebnereon --- The kicker 1200.1 or the sx1250.1 will push those subs very nicely. I would go with the kicker 1200.1, i have heard and seen more people with kx1200.1 amps, and never had one problem. My firend has one and has been running his @ .5 ohm, giving his subs around 2100 watts.

The sx1250.1 is also a great amp, but looks a little more expensive only because of th digital tuning and displays that it has. They both put around 1400 watts, so i would go with the kicker from hifisoundconnection.com

chris -- yes, the amp will push your subs very nicely and you would be overpowering them a little. The L series amps cant take alot of power, so you have to be careful with your gain and keep it a lil below the pre-out voltage

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3199
L series subs***^^

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 386
kx1200.1 from hifisoundconnection is 350$

its a good deal but is there anyone bought from this site ..?

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 234
they arent gonna screw you there factory authorized by kicker so you get a kicker warranty and everything

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Awesome, Thanks for your help Bassman!

Night Mirage. Ive bought countless items from there site no problems so far. But ive never tried to return anything so im not sure about their returns.

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 387
thanks .. cuz i bought my kx1200.1 from e-bay and i wanna buy another one but there is just this site selling this item >>

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
hey bassman how to i make my kx amp do .5ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
how bout those bass knobs? does anyone actually use those? sounds kinda stupid to me

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
i got one but i havent hooked it up i will sometime just to see how it is and stuff

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
well i just ordered a kx1200 from hifi,.....

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3207
tyler -- you dont want to run your amp at .5 ohms. if you could, you would need the correct VC configuration which means you would need 2 DVC 2 ohm subs, and just wire to a .5 ohm load. but i wouldnt never do that unless you know what your doing because you have to customize your amp if you want to to suceed at that for a long period of time. my friend was just doin it to see how it does, and it does great

Upload

and bass knobs are a personal preference. i personally dont like them, but of couse they do make them louder. but most people do use them to a certain point

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3208
and tyler, use it on your L7 and see how it sounds...

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
im almost sick....this is the most money ive ever spent, i only paid 1100 total for my car....and this new system just cost me 1169.......i got :new 6x8s, an amp kit, new alt(200A from excessive, 2 AA arsenals, big 3 kit, and now this kx1200..

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3211
lol. you'll be more than happy with that system :-) get some pics, and if you need any help installing, hit me up dl_blazer@yahoo.com or aim bassmanthree

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
alright, i should be fine, but i might talk to ya anyway on aim..the bad thing is, who knows when ill get to install this...i got an email from online car stereo saying that my amp kit was backordered!! and i ordered it last friday!! oh sh1t, anyone know what size power wire the kx1200 takes? the amp kit i ordered said it was for 4000 watts, but i think that was peak cause its a 2 guage kit will that kit work with my amp?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3217
2 awg will be fine :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
great, i just wasnt sure if the post on the amp was for 1 or 2 awg., but i guess it wouldnt matter either way

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3222
yea. it will fit

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 388
how many days they said shipping will take .?

for kx1200.1

and as bassman said you will love this amplifier and all your system ..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
HiFI usually takes around 8 days.

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
bassman u say i should hook up my bass knob to my amp and use it....does it make the sub louder if i do hook it up and use it?

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 483
its the same as using the bass boost nob on the amp itself. the remote gives you just that, remote access to the bass boost. if using it, you would make sure the bass boost on the amp itself is all the way down, and you generally dont want to turn it up that much at all. too much bass boost and you get muddy, sloppy bass. proper gains never hurt either.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1395
You know the Kicker sx1250.1's are 1ohm stable. Those are the onl two that are, the KX1200 and the SX1250. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
how many watts would my kx 1200 put out if i wired it down to 1 ohm?

on the birthsheet it says 1500 at 1 ohm certified

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1463
if it says 1500 @ 1ohm then i would guess at 1ohm it'll do 1500, given you have an upgraded charging system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
sorry bout that post that sounded stupid i was wantin to know how many watts it will do at .5 ohms with the birthsheet sayin it will do 1500 watts at 1 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
bump

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3235
usually double the wattage. so around 2800-3000 watts

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
so if i got my amp to run on .5 ohm and i added another 15 L7 do u think it will sound good

would my amp get hot on .5ohms?

Silver Member

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 391
i don't agree with that ..

Stay @ 1 ohm ..

its a very powerfull amplifier ..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help