Will i need a new alternator

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 286
ok i got 2 12" L7's with a kicker zx1500.1 amp and i havnt hooked it up yet cuz idk if it would hurt my alternator. Do u think i would need a new alternator if i go with this setup i have a 2002 chevy impala. i already know my lights dimmed slightly when i had my 1 15" L7

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 180
yeah get an new alternator, you will not just screw up your stock alternator if you hook it up but you will mess up your subs if you dont have enough power to feed you amp. The amp will clip and fak your voice coils up. Get a 200amp alternator and you should be fine!!!

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 288
Do i deff need a new alternator tho like will my alternator actully die if i keep it as stock or will it be able to keep up with the power

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4745
it depends on your listening habits really....if you do like i do....and drive around all the time with it at moderate volume...and crank it every now and then. you wil be ok.

if you are like the other people in my city....whose volume never goes under MAX, even when they are in a drive-through or at church trying to find a parking space. then yes....you will need to get one so as not to burn out your stock one.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4933
www.bcae1.com

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4764
great link.

if he reads the whole thing he will NEVER have anoother ? again. lolol

unless, it is which sounds better?