How would these sound...

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 327
I'm thinking of upgrading the 4" Pioneers in my dash and getting a 6.5" component set and make door pods. I don't want anything expensive, so I was looking at Infinity 60.7CS 6.5"'s? Or anything in that price range that might be better. Any ideas?

Here's a link to the Infinity's I was looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/INFINITY-60-7CS-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET-270W-NEW_W0QQitemZ2 50021855726QQihZ015QQcategoryZ58025QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1439
infinity's nice but i wouldn't buy off that seller, i've read people here saying they've been ripped off by him. i would save up and buy a set of cdt's from alteraudio, brand new with warrenty and from the one's i've heard are better.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/260423.html

if i wasn't needing to save $ right now i'd jump on that sale. *unless of course you want to hook me up with some crazy a_ss price alter:-)*

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 248
Infinity makes a quality product but make sure you get out and listen to them before you buy as people generally love or hate the Infinity sound. Also be aware that the Kappas are 2 Ohm.

Speaker reccomendations are going to be 95% opinion but I happen to like Polk. The Momo 6.5s would be a great option, or for a cheaper alternative you could even go with the db6500s.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 328
I noticed that 2 Ohm also. I will be running them off my hu for now, just temporarily until I can get an amp for them. I know it's recommended that I amp them, but I will later. Can I wire them to my Clarion DEH-655MP hu for now even though they are 2 Ohm speakers? How will that effect power in terms of wattage going to the speaker?

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 249
You shouldn't have a problem installing the Kappas. The lower resistance speaker should actually allow you to pull a bit more power from your deck then you'd get with a 4 ohm speaker. I've personally never run across an issue involving running Kappas off deck power but a quick email to Infinity wouldn't hurt if you're concerned about it.

And I'm sure you're aware of it, but Kappas with an amp vs. without one are like night and day. Those speakers are really made to be amped so while you will almost certainly see an improvement over the Pioneers, don't expect to be blown away by the 25W or so your deck will be feeding them.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1170
CTMike, email me....

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 330
If I get those speakers and get an amp, I'd stick to an Infinity system, so would a 7541a be good enough? I could get the 2 channel 7521 instead, but just not amp my rear speakers. What would be best?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 649
Lovin infinity eh ?? (thought i'd stick in the canadian slang for ya) A buddy of mine is running the same set off his HU and they sound great, so i'd just stick with those and maybe amp em later if you want but no point if you like them by themself

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1446
just amp the components, and let your hu power the rear speakers. but you can amp the rear speakers as well, it's personal preference.

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 250
I'm with ctmike on just amping the fronts and the 7521 might even be too much amp for the Kappas since they're only rated for 90W RMS and that amp will do around 140W at 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 331
Alright, I'll see what I have money for. And yes JC.. lovin' the Infinity! lol.. I could go with a different amp, but wouldn't it look kickass with a 7521a or a 7541a beside the 611a on the back seat, nice stealth install, no wires showing?! Ahh.. But I gotta go, party at the lake tonight!

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 332
Hey, just wondering what's the difference between Infinity 60.7CS and the 6010CS? Here are some links, the 6010CS is cheaper. I should be able to get that 7541a amp soon, might not have to power them off the hu at all.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/INFINITY-60-7CS-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET-270W-NEW_W0QQitemZ2 50021855726QQihZ015QQcategoryZ58025QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Infinity-Reference-6010cs-6-5-Component-System-Set_W0QQitemZ2 90022867857QQihZ019QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 333
Bump

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 335
6010CS or 60.7CS? I'd like to make up my mind soon so I can order then asap, but I dont know the difference.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1193
new and old series IIRC. The 607CS is 3ohm load while the 6010cs is 4ohm. I believe all 06 models are 2ohm but Infinity sucks get something else. Look into other companies like CDT, Boston, Rainbow, or something in the same category. Infnity is way overhyped.

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 262
The 60.7s are Kappas, the 6010 is the Reference. Like Alter said, the ohm loads are different but I believe the 60.7s are 2ohm and the 6010s are 4ohm. Your primary differences are going to be in tweeter matierials and construction as well as crossover components and options. As to whether or not you'd be able to actaully hear a difference, that's entirely subjective. I'm personally not a fan of Infinity but there are plenty of people who seem to love them.

Here's some more info from the Infinity site:

Reference 6010CS:
MSRP U.S. $: 229.95
Power Handling, RMS: 90 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 270 Watts
Sensitivity: 92dB
Frequency Response: 53Hz - 21kHz
Mounting Depth: mid/woofer 2-1/16"
Impedance: 4 Ohms

Plus One woofer cones - This patent pending technology deliver a cone with more surface area than competing models of the same size. The result is increased bass output and higher efficiency.

Edge-driven silk dome tweeters - These are not commonly used W-domes, but fully edge driven domes like those found in fine home audio loudspeakers. This much larger voice coil increases power handling and provides better sonic integration with the mid-woofer.

I-Mount (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter mounting system - This well-thought-out system allows for easy and versatile installation of tweeters in each of the Infinity component system. New for 2005 is the Starfish, an accessory that allows for mounting in factory tweeter locations.

Kappa 60.7CS
MSRP U.S. $: 349.95
Power Handling, RMS: 90 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 270 Watts
Sensitivity: 95dB
Frequency Response: 45Hz - 25kHz
Mounting Depth: 2-3/16"
Impedance: 2 Ohms

Plus One woofer cones - This patent pending technology deliver a cone with more surface area than competing models of the same size. The result is increased bass output and higher efficiency.

Edge-driven MMD dome tweeter - These are not commonly used W-domes, but fully edge driven domes like those found in fine home audio loudspeakers. This much larger voice coil increases power handling and provides better sonic integration with the mid-woofer.

Woven glass fiber woofer cone material is extremely stiff, minimizing cone flex which yeilds very low distortion and improved clarity, an Infinity trademark.

SLI high-output design. Conventional 4-ohm speakers do not leverage allof the power available from today's car audio amplifiers and high-powered head units. This topology extracts every last watt from the amplifier source, increasing overall system output and efficiency.

Computer-optimized voice-matched crossovers - Each Kappa multielement and component system features a crossover that has been voice-matched using audiophile grade air core inductors and polypropylene capacitors. The result is flawless performance with incredible detail and accuracy.

Adjustable tweeter level-Each Kappa component system features a user adjustable tweeter level control on the passive corssover

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4714

quote:

Infnity is way overhyped.

They're priced well and sound good. This doesn't have to do with you not carrying them, does it? :-)

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 342
Ohh... Good call Jexx, lol. I have heard Infinity speakers before and I like them. Love the price too. It also goes with my subs and amp, but if there are better speakers for less I will consider them.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 689
I wouldn't say Infinity is overhyped, they live up to whatever hype they have.

Anyways whats up Shawn ?, don't get to use msn much while i'm over at school. Whats your prediction for hockey this year ? i'm saying the cup is definetley going to the west, Calgary looks good with Tanguay

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 343
I'm liking Calgary's chances too. Still a Toronto fan though, born and raised, lol. Buffalo let me down man, but I was just glad Edmonton didn't take it. And how about Luongo in Vancouver? How did you like that trade?

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 344
Eh? :-)

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 692
Yea Buffalo REALLY let me and my wallet down. I liked the trade Bert is a good guy but he would never live it down in Canada. I don't really like our chances though bulis and pyatt are suppossed to replace bert and carter ??!! I doubt it but we'll see and the loss of Jovo and allen hurts the back end..hopefully luongo can make up for that...cant wait till it starts

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1210
No infinity is not that great. Everyone talked about there subs being so good and it was a huge disappointment. he ED K series flatcone was better than the Perfect 12 I had. Much better. Their Perfects had decent midrange but the cmmd tweeter is too harsh and loses detail at high volumes. I would much rather get the Kenwood Excelon coax and/or components at similar prices. There are better stuff out there and comparable prices. Infinity just didn't cut it for me. And Jexx I don't stock stuff i don't like.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 702
I'm gonna have to disagree, Infinty is great, the subs were not a let down they were good for the price.

Silver Member

Sask Canada

Post Number: 345
Everyone has their opinions I guess. I like Infinity and so do quite a few people on here. There are a few that don't like them but that's their choice. But I'll check out those speaks you mentioned alteraudiousa, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us