Amp Question. I Appreciate the thelp THANK YOU

Username: Cavsmaxima

Post Number: 1
Ok so first off i want to say thank you to anyone who reads this and tries to help me. I have two ten inch Solobaric kickers in my trunk. (S10L7`s).2400 WATTS total 1200 RMS total. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a specific amp to buy for these that will make tehm hit incredibly hard. Im looking to buy one amp only. Thank you very much for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 218
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1570443/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

kicker is generally underrated so you will probably get more than 1200 watts also rms is the only important number

Post Number: 2
That kicker Amp only has 600 RMS would that be anough? Oh yeah my subs are 4 OHMS i dont know if thats important or not.

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah and some guy at this store called Soundsation trying to sell me an Arc Audio amp (ive never even heard of) for 500 bucks 2 channel 1500 watts. Sound like a rip-off right lol

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 220
the kicker is 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm that site doesnt have it the right info but it would be plenty

Post Number: 5
Is there anyway i can talk to you online? I want to ask u a few questions. You seem to know what your talking about.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6319
the arc audio is a very nice amp if you can afford it. You can't go wrong with teh Kicker either but between kicker and Arc I would take Arc.

Post Number: 6
The only thing about the Arc amp is i dont know how much RMS it has he didnt tell me he jus said it had 1200 watts. And he first told me it was 650 then i called back asking if he had any amps in the price range of 500 and he told me the same amp mayby thinking i was someone else. So thats why i thougt he was trying to screw me. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16370 How does this amp look for my subs. I was jus looking at it.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 221
chris do u have aim
or msn messenger

Post Number: 8
yes its Nywiz198 its AOL.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6336
stay away from that hifonic's. get the model # off the arc audio amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/amplifiers.htm

Go to XXk series... It's the third one. 1500-XXK.

Not priced though...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
So i just called an install place and told them that im going to replace the amp and i asked them if they could re-wire my subs to a 1-OHM load. And they said if its possible they can. So should i just buy the amp now or bring my car there show them my subs and see if its possible. Or is it definietly possible for my kickers to be wired to 1-OHM. Because if its not then that Kicker wont be a good amp for my subs.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6399
if your subs are dual 4 ohm like you told me yesterday then yes they can be wired parellel/parellel for a 1 ohm load. That arc amp is a nice one, Mo has one for sale if you contact him, it's cheaper then the one they said they would sell you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yeah those subs are def 4 ohm i just checked again. Im thinking of going with that kicker amp... Only thing is the only place i can find it is at hifisoundconnection and they have the wrong specification up. And theres no where else i can find the right specifications. So i dont know whats going on with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us