Two 12w3v3 or One 12w6v2 (buying within 2 days)

Username: Z_accoustics

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 7
hey guys, I already have a scheduled day of tuesday for the install but i'm still not sure:

The plan is two 12w3v3's with 500/1 power in a custom sealed box.

But i keep reading these awsome reviews about the 12w6v2 as "the best" so, I was thinkin I could just go with one 12w6v2 with a 500/1 and if I wanted to upgrade later I could buy another one and another amp and get a new box. But if I wanted to upgrade the two 12w3v3's i'd have to buy all new subs. I haven't been able to find any reviews of the w3v3's. Can someone please give me some good advice here. I mean, if i wanted to get rediculous I could just buy the two 12w6's now and two amps or just buy the two w6's now and one amp to power them both and add an amp later if i want. help!

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 716
i say, get 2 12w6v2 and a 1000/1...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4709
splurge.....get the 2 12W6's

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4901
12w6

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6301
I agree with Logan and those other two chump's:-)lol I would go ported on the w6's I have 1 and I have run it sealed and ported and it really shines in a nice ported enclosure.

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 8
I heard back from JL that the 12w3v3 uses the same technologies from the w7 and w6. The w6 could just be a higher power rated w3v3 in which case I may only need 500watts since my current setup: a 10w3v2 with 150watts, satisfies me a lot of the time. Anyone been able to demo a w3v3?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4015
Funny you ask, I just recieved my 2 12w3v3's and they are very nice looking and are built like the W6's. They are suppose to be much improved and a awesome sub. They are also much lighter and more efficiant then 12w6v2's. SQ wise, it may be not far from a 12w6v2 and get just as loud. I whould go with 2 12w3v3's off the 500/1. They will get as loud with less amount of power and keep your charging system feeling better. My 2 cents. I will let you know how they compare to the w6v2's since i have already owned 2 12w6v2's along with many other subs. I will have them installed next friday.

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 9
How did you like the w6's when you had them MO and why the decision to get the w3's this time around?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4016
I had my w6v2's since 2002 and wanted to try somthing new so i swapped out for a Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15 and i had them laying around with no use so i sold them to Brandon on here. The W3v3's came out and i was really impressed with what i heard from JL about them so i decided to order them and make this my future system off my Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 5 channel amp.

Im not sure what i want to do with my front stage yet.

The amp does 50 x 4 @ 4 ohm or 200 x 2 @ 4 ohm brdiged for the 4 channels up front.

and

600 x 2 @ 1 ohm for the sub channel.

I may use my CDT HD62 set upfront and use the bridged channels or a new component set upfront that does not require that much power and add some rearfill..

Its still up in the air. i will have my install done next friday.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2354
i agree i love my 2 12'' w3v3's , lot better sq than the old ones

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4018
Casey, do you have them in sealed or ported. Im going ported.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6355
I doubt they will have the output of the w6's but the SQ will be very similiar

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4923
((((((((((((((((12W6V2)))))))))))))))

it sounds awesome and gets very loud. if you had two in your car then you will be in paradise.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6371
I agree^

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4735
you are really wearing that out chad. lol

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6375
lol

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 10
i assume i'd only be in paradise if i gave them each at least 500watts of power yea? 500/1 to two 12w6v2's will not cut it?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4019
It will still sound good but it wont give you all it can offer. It will sound great with a 500/1. I whould still consider 2 12w3v3's because it whould sound even nicer with a 500/1. Keep your power down and it whould be loud and sound clean.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4937
yeah za pa. i assumed you knew that you will need 2 500/1 or a single 1000/1 to power two 12w6s.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6394
I wouold go with teh w6's over the w3's

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2355
mo - sorry i havnt been able to post but mine are in a 1.25 cuft each sealed box , powered by an alpine mrd 605 but i wanna try a new amp

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2359
http://www.putfile.com/southern_bass/media

heres 2 vids of my subs i only got 2 yesterday but ill get more soon

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4021
Nice Casey, Do you have a Ford F-150 ? IF so what year ? I buy and sell them at my used car dealer along with others.

I cant wait to put my 12w3v3's in the sealed prowedge 12w6v2's box that i use to use. Im putting 600 x 1 @ 2 ohm to mine from that RF power 1000 amp.

You could try a JL 500/1 amp on those subs or anything that does 600 watts rms. Do you have the single 4 ohm versian like me ?

Gold Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2360
yep i have a 2001 xlt sport model

Bronze Member

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 11
How loud is a sealed single 12w6 with a 500/1? My current setup is only 150 watts with a ported 10w3 so i expect a loudness gain, obviously. But how loud will a single 12w go? I hopped in a car with two 10w6's with 300 watts each i think and I was not blown away at full volume level. I felt vibrations and all but an impressive booming bass is one that makes the driver feel physically uncomfortable at high volume levels. will a single 12w6 so this? and if not will two 12w6's do this or do you really need to go with a w7 for ear defening sound?

I think i'd be pleased with a single w6 but i have none to demo.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5002
a single 12w6 gets pretty darn loud. i've heard one in a trunk of a honda civic and it pounded good. not to mention the sq was awesome. it just fills the whole car with soothing bass. lol.

Username: Boonie20

Indpls, IN Usa

Post Number: 4
a 10w7 will get louder than a 12w6, if you want big bass and have the money go with a w7

Bronze Member

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 12
I have the money, I think, but my priorety is SQ then big bass. So it seems more prudent to get a 12w6 and then get a 2nd 12w6 if I want louder. w7s are beasts tho.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5019
imo you will be doing the right thing if you get the 12w6 for now. like you said if you want more loud then adding another 12w6 will be perfect. you will see though that a single 12w6 can easily give you enough bass. just put it in the jl ho box and it will get loud also.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 446
well if u got the money then get a 12w7 that will get loud enough and still have dam good SQ or if you got the money why not get 2 w6's right off the bat

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6446
I currently run 1-12w6v2 in a ported enclosure given 500 watts and it sounds very nice and get's plenty loud.

Bronze Member

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 13
I just got my 12w6 with 500/1 installed and it sounds amazing. I was only able to listen to a few songs so far but i'm going to a parking lot now to listen to some more (my house mates thought i was being a noise disturbance). So far i'd say the SQ is incredible, i can feel the bass right up front and it is very detailed, i tend to want to turn the bass up as I turn up the volume, so not sure yet if it's enough bass but, again, i haven't played around very much. Will report back soon.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1515
nice, and post pics when you do.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4027
Yeah thats nice to hear. What car do you have ZA Pa ? What speakers are you running ? Post some pics.

Bronze Member

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 14
I have a 2000 Saturn SC1, speakers are Eclipse integrated (http://www.mobileonesales.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SE8363) and really really need to be upgraded to h.q. separates now that i have this fantastic bass fill.

will take some pics during the day and post

Username: Cmoney

Port sanilac , Mi Us

Post Number: 1
i have a 12w6v2 in an h.o. box running of a JL 500/1 and i hit 139.5 decibels at last weeks competiton if that helps your decision

Bronze Member

Worcester, Massachusetts

Post Number: 15
Yea these fucers get loud as sh%% if u want. Thing is i have mine in high voltage cuz I want it matched with the in signal and it sounds soooooo nice. To get really really loud without distortion, two may be in order. What's your amp settings like when you compete.. if i may ask.

p.s. had to charge the camera, so pix will b tomarrow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us