3 subs in 3 days

Bronze Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 58
ok im currently using a profile usa baja ha1000 amp... i have it briged at 4ohms. i put a pioneer 12 in a box i had tuned to 45hz. it blew! then i put a shock 12?... upside down on the box. it sounded pretty good. well i had it kinda up..well it fried!!! i thought maybe it was cuz the box was tuned to 45hz... so i covered up 1 of the ports (make it 32hz). i put in my other pioneer. i thought it solved the problem... boy i was wrong! i was drivin around today and the sub blew. i opened the trunk, the amp was hot! is that the problem?????? i want to get a dd 2512 and use this p.o.s amp till i got the money to get a good one... but i dont want the dd to blow! what could the problem b? thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1003
you were clippping the amp... what are the pre out voltages on your HU and where did you have your gain set?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4699
DEFINITELY clipping the amp.

keep your sh1t off until you can get a HO alt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
ummmmm my gain was all the way up... the amp was maxed out! but its only puttin out MAX 480watts! do i realy need a ho alt?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2223
"then i put a shock 12"

what sub is that, was it a shocker sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4702
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

you need to turn your Gains down!!!!

it is NOT a Volume knob for the amp.
it is to match the RCA Voltage from your HU to your amp.

you were probably doing closer to 1000wRMS DC!! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
no idea what the shock was... i paid like 5 bucks for it...lol u really think i can get 1000w rms with a profile usa???? thats awesome!!!lol so if i got a dd 2512 would it blow it up?

Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 9
yeah dude turn down gain to half or below...lmfao!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4704
you are not listening to me Justin Ogle.

i said 1000wRMS DC = Direct Current.....which blows subs.

your amp with the Gain on max is definitely clipping unless your HU has like a .2V pre-out.

you need to adjust your gain to match the HU's preout. so as to not clip it anymore.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 2 0

Post Number: 2224
1000w DC, that is very very bad. LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
oooooooooooooooo ok... how do i match it?

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1004
yes it would ruin any sub not made for DC power, which is almost all subs, DC power doesnt allow the sub to cool properly and will make quick work of it, when an amp makes sound its sposed to be made with round curves that the sub can follow and cool, but when you clip it it has square waves and the sub will go up, stay for a second then come down then stay down and so on and so fourth, dont clip your amp, find the preout voltage of your headunit in your owners manual and set the amps gain to that... like mddy said its not a volume knob, yeah its louder when its up but dont do that, if anything put your gain all the way down set your HU to 3/4 volume and slowly turn the gain up till it distorts, after that turn it dow a scunch and leave it there, unless you want to go through 3 subs in 3 days

Gold Member

Post Number: 4705
find out what it is on the HU...and then try to correspond the gain in the same location.

:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
lol... thanks guys u just saved me a lot of $
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us