Eclipse TI Pro box

Username: Big3mac

Post Number: 8
I just went to my local car audio store and was talking with the guy there about a set-up for an Eclipse 15" TI Pro in my truck and he said that with his experience with those subs he said that he strongly recommends a sealed 2-3 cu. ft. box for one of them with at least 2000 watts to it and he said that will get the highest SPL overal with all frequencies. That just sounded wierd to me with all of you talking about putting a sub like that in a pretty big ported box. What do you guys think of that

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1426
maybe he recommended the sealed cause you don't have room in your truck? or he's dumb?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3149
That sub would be punchier in a sealed box, but it would be more at home (louder) in a ~4.5-5cuft ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 390
it would sound deeper in a sealed and sound better at every freq is prob what he meant but ya a ported box will give out more SPL but cant hit all freq like a sealed can is prob what hes ref to

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1427
"highest SPL overal with all frequencies."

yeah, overall it would be best, i didn't even read the last part of that, i just saw highest spl.

Post Number: 9
Yeah i only have a ford ranger but i can fit a 6 cu box in it so really size isnt an issue he did mention one thing about experience with it he had, he said he had a group of people that came in and purchased two of them and had their own box for it that was 8 cu for both subs and i didnt get the port frequency but he said they were using it for mining jobs up in the mountains and were only getting about 140 decibles at low frequency and brought it back to him and put each in a seperate sealed 2.3 cu box and he said they were then hitting 150 decibles at the same frequency with the same power and everything.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4693
Upload

/end of stupid installer quotes.

Post Number: 10
alright well then what would you recommend for my set up then. i am really just tryin to get a clean, loud, deep bass. i guess if i can get that out of a sealed 2-3 cu box then i am going to take that to save space, but if you think that a ported box will make a pretty noticable difference than i would take that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us