System im crx?

im goin to get a semi competition system im my 1990 honda crx si and want some advice. ive went to a couple places and this is what they are tellin me. Audio Express wants to sell me one Eclpise 15 inch titanium DVC series woofer(biggest they make), one MTX thunder81000D amp to run the sub, 2 MTX thunder 6000 series amp for the highs and having each one running to a door with boston acoustics Pro Series 6.5^3 series Components in the doors. And i custom box with plexy glass and neons and all for show. Now the other place wants to sell me 4 10 inch diamond series mac daddys, 2 diamond amps, diamond 6-9's and kick panel with diamond 6 1/2s and tweeter with a walla behnd the seats. Now my problem is that some are tellin me that there is no way one 15inch can out do 4 10 inch competition subs. Now both places are gonna do it all for the same amount(4 thousand with everything) but dont know what will be better. Please let me know what yall think or email me at HondaCRXsi2catch@aol.com

Anonymous
Don't get the eclipse. I used to install them and have had bad experiences. They are very smooth, and they look great - for the first week.

God that's a lot of money... for either system. I'd definately go with the 4 tens over the Ti. for one, I'm not a big fan of the 15" Ti... heard them, not impressed. but the bottom line is surface area... how much air can I move?

one 15 = 176.625 square inches
four 10's = 314 square inches

which do you think will move more air? that's almost double the surface area... which is about an increase of 3 db's (way too many factors to be precise, but 2-3 db increase is standard guesstimation) plus, four tens will have better SQ than that aluminum 15. hope that helps... but in my book, I'd get the 10's... hands down.

FRANK
U GOT A HONDA CRX....i refuse to give u advice...wear head phones while driving instead...it fits the car better...LMAO

i hate people who drop 5,000 of audio in a 2,000 car...

Anonymous
Frank u'r one cocky guy!

Anonymous
i like franks idea since i dont got 5 g's to drop in my car anyway

Anonymous
i have two audiobahn aw1200q's in a 5.25 cu. foot box with only 120 inches of port running off from an amercan bass d-1000 and hit mid 150's if that helps any
in my opion go with the four 10's you might not be able to fit 300+ inches of port in that car but you can fit quite a bit plus with four 10's you' get almost double the cone area as the one 15

Steven H
if i was you i would go to costom sounds and get 2 12inch JLW3 running a JL 500/1 amp, but if you want a real kick'n system get 2 12inch JLW7 running a 1000/1 amp.

Matt
I agree with steven H, for the price you are willing to pay for your system get the 2 JLW7, i mean just go to yyour local car audio store and ull c what im tlakin about once u hear them

Anonymous
I have a honda crx... just built a custom box for it....going to be sticking 2 15 inch audiobahns in...to power the subs i have a 1600 amp....im waiting for my rear window to just pop out with all the air movement....send me and e-mail if you want at mastermind2102@new.rr.com

Eliasa
Hey man i have a crx that i use for sound offs.I have 2 twelve inchw3v2 with a 1500 watt Interfire amp running at i ohm stable and i hit 157 db. I really recomend you dont waste all that money on that other s h i t.

Anonymous
ALPINE, ROCK ON!

hey all you car audios heads ... im from down under australia ... and i got 2 12'' w3v2 in my car using the rockfoord 550X amp all for it ... can you please tell me some tips or feed back as i am a young 17 yearold audio freak who needs advice on my systrem ahahahaha ie the best recommmended enclosure for the sub cos i got the freakin 2ohm version!....aahahah... cos here in austz were a lil behind on the scene!
i also have the alpine cda-7894rb with the sysmtem...

I have a 88 CRX Si. I have had MANY Systems in my day. Ive owned Audiobahn, JL, Kicker, Rockford, even Atomic and MTX. I also have a nice stereo. I dont want to say competition because I didnt purchase it for that reason. I just love bass. Anyways, have you thought about Kicker L7 Squares? They are one of the hardest hitting subs!
Here is my system: (1) Alpine CDA-7893 Deck / MB Quart R Series Component 6 1/2's in the rear / MB Quart R Series Component 5 1/4's up front / New Pioneer 600 watt 4 channel amp for the highs / (1) US Amps 1000X / (1) Kicker L7(silver) Square Woofer in a Slot-ported box / (1) Alterstart 135 Amp alternator / (2) Genesis VP Series Dry-Cell batteries. That is my setup and I love it. The 15 is phenomonal sound wise and bass. The MB Quarts have to be the best handcrafted speakers on the market. The price tag proves it. So If I were you, I would make sure I had an alternator that can give your deck enough power and keep everything juiced first, then do the system from there.

its a small car so for something that bumps and isnt expensive get two 12" solo baric L7s in a sealed enclosure and a kicker kx1200.1 amplifier. that will bump. if u have the space get the 15" L5s they are the same wattage as the 12"l7s but the sensitivity rating on the 15" l5 is higher so thats better. you can find that package for around 900.00 bucks

Anonymous
if you dont want to take out the back seats..where would you put the sub box??

Dave
For 4 grand I'd get a pair of concept cpt 12's in a ported box with a concept 2400m you'll be pushing an honest 6000watts threw 2 conmpetition 12's (I've seen the same setup hit 156.4db, but it was in a Mustang, not a hatchback), and that would cost you about 2k, then I'd get some nice components (I'd recommend concept), and an amp to push 'em. and you'd save money and probly be hitting 160db. Sh*t thats loud!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us