Settings on jl 1000/1 amp to run 12w7

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 34
I was just wondering if there is anybody that can help me figure out how to configure the settings on a jl 1000/1 to best run a 12w7. I just got this setup a couple days ago and im having some problems figuring it out thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6269
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=221 everything you need to know should be right there in front of you.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1250
first set your sensitivity properly.. depending on what the preout voltage of your head unit is.. it has a switch for a low voltage head unit up to 2 volts.. and for high voltage, up to 8 volts.. so list your head unit. also what type of box is the woofer in

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
im running an alpine 9835 in a sealed box. thanks again

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6340
set the gain to 4volts and no need to use subsonic filter so disable it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
4 volts okay, thanks alot for your help

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6342
no problem man

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6344
bump

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1253
What are you bumping for ? :p yeh sweet HU i love it .. so your gonna want to set the input voltage on high and ajust the sensitivity dial to just under half.. you can probably turn bass eq off

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6365
it's polite to answer when someone says thank you doushe bag! what did your mother never teach you any manner's? it didnt bump so I bumped it whats the problem with it anyways huh?

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6366
j/k man lol no offense meant by that just so you know

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4922
lol james.

i used a voltage meter to set my gain. also i am not using the bass boost and i have the ssf off. just match the voltage with your hu and that should do the trick. great amp.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1328
I'd still use the subsonic filter - even if set to 20hz.. Just because anything lower than that - is inaudible (but can be felt, true..just not heard..unless it's rattling something lol) so you're wasting power on audible frequencies by playing sub-20hz notes... And the lower the frequency, the more power it takes...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4924
i forgot to mention i have the audiocontrol 6xs crossover which doesn't play below 30. so thats why i have the ssf off. oops. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us