Upgrading my Alpine 9815

Username: Theforgottenman

Post Number: 1
So what is better then the Alpine 9815... should I replace it(still thinking about it)? I dunno what is better then the Alpine 9815 and be reasonable and not say "Alpine 7990" or anything thats rare and VERY PRICEY as well... I'm willing to spend up to 700-800$ for a HU. I just want sound quality and crisp LIKE THE ALPINE 7990 (none of that fancy sh*t)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4430
I think you're good with the head unit you have. If you want to 'upgrade' as unnecessary as it is, a Pioneer DEX-P9 coupled with a DEQ-P9 might be in your price range. You might also want to check out the Clarion DRZ9255.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2631
i don't think you can really top the older Alpine units you mentioned. unless you go for like the Alpine F1 stuff or the Pioneer processors Jexx mentioned.

mabye look into some Nak or McIntosh??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6273
that Alpine is a fantastic HU and you should not need more then that. It has a incredible amount of feature's. I have the 9813 and will never change it until it dies unless I went up to the 9815:-)(hopefully not for a long time)

Post Number: 3
Cool, thanks... and I am now currently having problems with a SX900.2 Amp powering up 2 JLW6v2 12"... can someone please help me with this? I made a thread on the amplifier section. Thanks

Post Number: 6
Jexx, it seems that you know alot so I hope you can help me as I am really getting frustrated with the amp. Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us