Easy and quick question

Username: Sweatttty

Post Number: 1
ok so im going away for school and am bringin my car. I dont really want my subs and amp being stolen, and i need the trunk space, so im plannign to take them out... is there anything special i need to know about taking them out? do i just unplug the wires out of the amp and remove it form the car, and do i need to disconnect any wires from the battery or head unit? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Moey

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 40
Make sure you take out the in-line fuse from the wire connected to the cars battery.
Thats the most important thing i can think of...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4418
Why not sell them to make some additional tuition payment money? If you're not using the system, get rid of it, otherwise it's just going to depreciate.

When you take the system out, there's only one thing to remember: disconnect the negative battery terminal before removing anything. That way, if the power and ground wires touch (likely, especially since they're so close to each other), you won't fry the fuse/wire/amp or start a fire haha. It will help keep the rest of the equipment connected to it safe as well. Once you've taken everything out, just reconnect the negative terminal and you're good.

The fuse works, but it's not fool-proof, I'd rather pop the negative cable.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 709
what kind of sub and amp do you have?

Username: Sweatttty

Post Number: 2
two 12" kicker L7's with a hifonics brutus 1500D

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6260
agreed with Jexx it's the safest way and its fool prooof.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us