Dual Amplifier Wiring


Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 235
Registered: Jan-06
When powering two amplifiers in the trunk one with 1200 watts and the other needing around 250, what kind of wiring would you run? 2 guage from the battery to the distribution block and then like 4 guage to the amps or what?

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 153
Registered: May-06
man ive got mine jus run of 2 seperate amp kits. a four gauge to my 800 watt amp and then another 8 gauge kit to my 200 watt amp and it works fine

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator


Post Number: 4391
Registered: Apr-05
2 gauge wiring is difficult to find, the only company I can think of that carries it is Stinger (for amp kit purposes).

You could get away with wiring 4 gauge to your trunk, especially if you used Knuconceptz's Kollossus cable: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kolossus%20Kable

The Kollossus 4 ga is actually 3ga according to AWG standards.

I would run Kollossus 4ga the trunk, run 4 ga to the 1200 watt amp and then 8 ga to the 250watt amp. It will probably require a bit of searching as far as a distro block goes, but I'm sure ebay has something.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us