OT: eBay

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 453
I am the current high bidder on an item that I no longer want. Is there anyway to cancel my bid, or do I just hope that someone outbids me.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4882
you are screwd man. lol.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6224
what is the item maybe someone on here might be interested in it.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 454
I dought it. It is a headlight assembly for a Pontiac Fiero. I thought that was what I needed, but I was wrong. I'm an idiot.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4883
when is the auction over and when is your last bid?

i know this sux but wait a few days and creat a bogus account and outbid yourself. that is the only way. don't do it right away cause then it will look like you did that. wait til later and then do it.

another option is to contact the seller. tell him you won't have any money to pay him if you win cause you have a family emergency and you need money for that. sometimes the seller will take you off the bid list. i know this cause when i was selling something someone did that to me. i took him off the bid list.

as far as creating the bogus account, don't think that i do such thing. its just an idea i have. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 377
sure chad LOL

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4384
You can always retract your bid, but it will go on file under your feedback table when someone views your feedback. Not a big deal and a lot better than lying :-)

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 455
Well, the auction ends in 5 hours. I guess I'm stuck with it. It was only 9 bucks anyway.

Now I have another problem. I won an item and I'm paying with Paypal. When I type in my credit card number it says "This credit card is already on your Paypal account." It won't let me go any farther than that. I don't understand this sh!t.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 632
^^^ yea its not big deal, just retract your bid or try contacting the seller, sometimes they are nice enough to cancel the bid

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6226
yeah your right I doubt it.

Bronze Member
Username: Kingers

Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 18
I did that once, just email he guy about it and if hes nice he'll send you a thing so you can cancle your bid

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 710
so did you win it?

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 458
Yeah I won it, but I can't seem to pay for it now. As I stated above, it keeps telling me that my credit card is already registered under my PayPal account. I hit continue and it says the same thing. Maybe I won't have to pay for it now because I can't get the damn thing to work.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4663
9 bucs??? retract your bid. lol

i thought you had bought a $150 aftermarket headlight assembly or something. lolol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4665
my bad. you won it already. lol

is there anyway you can access the account you supposedly already have then?

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 459
I even tried calling the PayPal help line and this automated operator kept running me in circles. It said that there was some way to open my account, but I hung up on the stupid thing because it kept asking me the same questions over and over.

Oh well. I guess there is always money order.

What happens if I just don't pay for it? Will they close my account? And if so, can I always create a new one, or will they ban my CC number too?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4903
if you don't pay then thats fine. they won't close your account. you will have a no pay on your record though.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2641
you have to contact the seller. if theres more then 12 hours left, you can take the bid off yourself. if theres less, then they have to do it i think.

if the seller is cool, they will just do a second chance offer to the person with the next highest bid.

listing does cost money and theres no way to get a listing fee back, only a final value fee by fileing a non paying bidder against you. 3 of thoes and your off ebay too btw.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 463
I'm not trying to do that. I am new to buying off of eBay and it worked for me in the past, but it won't let me pay with my CC. I e-mailed the PayPal support tonight with my problem and it say it might take up to 72 hours for a response, but I don't think I have that long to pay. I will contact the seller tomarrow with my problem too, but this is getting a little rediculous.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before? I am so confused.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us