Is it enough wattage?

Username: Jdub454

Post Number: 1
im begining my car audio system all over again previously i had 2 12" volfenhagens at 1000 watts a piece and a 1200 watt kenwood amp now i plan on going with 2 12" pyle high powered subs at 400 watts a piece and a lanzar 1600 watt 2 channel mosfet amp with 2x400 watts rms is the amp enough to push the speakers

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4361
Should be.

Just curious...

Why not get something nicer?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4877
you can do much better than that. don't get pyles. you will regret it for the rest of your life. please don't get those pyles.

Post Number: 2
ok then what about going back to the old volfenhagens and step them up to 15"

Post Number: 3
im kinda new at this the only way i have ever got any kind of subs was listening to them in the back of my friends vehicles and buying them off of them at school

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4363
What's your budget??

Post Number: 4
im kinda new at this ive never really gone out and actually tried buying subs in general the only way i got them was listening to them in person and buying them off of friends at school

Post Number: 5
maybe $1,000 depending on my next paycheck or two

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4364
You have 1k...and you're trying to buy crap like that...oh man, your friends have led you FAR astray!

Have you checked out Alpine, Infinity, Pioneer etc.?

Are you just looking for an amp and sub? You could probably get an entire system with that kind of budget, though obviously putting it all toward the amp and sub would get you some bass that would kill your friends haha.

Post Number: 6
i just want something that sounds clear and gives a good thump at the same time (something to show off with)

Post Number: 7
what about mtx?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4365
MTX is okay, but you can do much better.

Have you heard of JL,Treo, DD, or RE?

Post Number: 8
also i kinda want to keep my stock radio in my car is there any way that i can have my amp wired into that and if so who could do that?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4366
Yep, using a LOC (line output converter). It changes your speaker outputs to RCA outputs for an amp.

Post Number: 9
i have heard good things about JL and infinity

Post Number: 10
great and the loc just wires straight into the speakers to the amp or do i have to run it from the radio to the amp?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4367
If you're looking for a good sub and amp is all, it might not be bad to check out a JL 10w7 and JL 500/1 amp to power it. That should leave you 200-300 to build a box, buy a LOC, and buy all necessary install material.

But I'm not very good with piecing together sub/amp systems on a budget(plus you need some more opinions), I'd recommend posting here: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/49.html
and ask them what kind of sub and amp you should get on a 1k budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Im kinda looking for an amp and two subs something that has some power behind it so people can hear me coming what would you suggest

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ok thanks

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4368

quote:

great and the loc just wires straight into the speakers to the amp or do i have to run it from the radio to the amp?

You have to run it from the radio to the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
and who could install that (Circuit city Wal-Mart ETC.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4370
Circuit City or Best Buy should be able to do it, no problem. Not too difficult to do it yourself either...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4878
locate a decent local car audio store that carry some nice brands besides pyles, lanzar, and volferhag. since you are not familiar with doing your own install, you should ask them how much they would charge. don't get the work done yet though. just ask them a bunch of quetions on price of items and installation.

after you do all that come back here and post what they told you. then we will let you know if you are getting a nice deal or not.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i know how to do an installation its just that i do not know how to do it on a stock radio system

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 405
if you really knew how to do an installation i dont think you would be buying pyle and lanzar

Username: Naut45

Post Number: 2
If you cant do an install on a stock radio you do not know how to do an install
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us