Car audio employees only!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 140
Hi I am 18 and just starting college. I wanted to get into car stereo for my job from now til when I grow up too. So my question is how did everyone of you get to where you are today????

Like what classes did you take and what jobs did you have along hte way????

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 143
please????

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 111
When you say that you want to get into car stereo what do you mean?

If your actually going to college there are many ways to end up in the industry.

You could become and electrical engineer or say an audio engineer. If you did this you could design speakers for companies and whatnot and do pretty well moneywise.

After that you could go on to get your masters in business or something then open up your own shop.

Another thing you could do is just major in business and get a masters and open up your own shop and hire your own engineers.

If you just want to install them than hell you don't have to go to college for that. Also now that you are in college I bet 2 years from now you will no longer want to be doing car audio for the rest of your life.

I'm sure that if you know enough and actually are as enthusiastic as you seem you could get a job as an installer at a local shop around where you attend college.

BTW the "pro audio people only" thing just comes off as lame. You don't have to work "pro audio" to know alot about it.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1409
i'm no employee or nothing, but you looking at just working at one or being an installer? i've been told before by some installers you don't even have to go to college as long as you can get certified, not 100% though. this winter i know i'm going to start spending some free time with a few installer to learn it better, and then maybe cough up the money to take the test to be a certified installer.

http://www.mecp.com/home.asp

other than that i don't know, but probably any kind of electrical classes, some kind of wood working classes?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1166
I'll warn you, if you don't own you don't make alot of money. This is not alot of money unless you actually own the shop or work corporate with a manufacturer like Alpine, Pioneer, etc. Becoming a rep usually doesn'y happen off the street its more who you know so you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. CC and BB are good places to start and then work your way up, but be sure you know applications(ie cars or every year and model) cause you can see just about everything. And make sure you understand factory systems and integrating factory and aftermarket, other than that have fun....i hate working at a shop.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11577
Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Go to an Installer School like Mobile Dynamics.
Get basic installer certifications.
apply for job as an installer.

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 44
yea im thinking about going to mobile dynamics then opening my own shop
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us