Is this possible???

Bronze Member
Username: Beforeiforget87

Towanda, PA USA

Post Number: 25
is it possiblt to put a battery in my trunk and have the amp feed off that so i don't get stuck with a dead battery after listenin to my muuusic

i was gonna do this: put a battery in my trunk, run the power the the pos of the battery and the ground the the neg is this possible??

also would a 4 ga wire be thick enough to handle a 1200w (600w rms on two channels) amp?

also what model battery should i use or does it matter??

i finally got it figured out why my system wasn't turnin on at all, i bought a kit with 8 ga wire and i'm pretty sure it's not tough enough...

when i get paid i'm gonan go get the battery and the wire and hook everything up if that doesn't work i'll come back lol

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3144
if you dont want your battery nuder the hood to die, dont listen to the music when the car if OFF

4 awg wire is fine for 1200 watts, you could go bigger and find a god 1/0 if you want.

if you do, get a battery in the back, you want an optima yellow-top battery

yes, 8 awg is way too small for 1200 watts, if you were using that same amp

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3145
actually, i would get a 1/0 awg amp kit

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 61
so u can just wire the pos from amp to the battery and then it will work

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 774
http://www.bcae1.com/ read #118 and you will understand and see a picture of how to go about doing what you want to do but remember if you choose to use the last picture on that page then it will still kill your starting battery after sitting with the car off and the stereo on (depending on how long you plan to sit there with the stereo on and the car off it will just give you some extra time but not a whole lot) it will just take a little longer with two batterys rather then one so i would suggest going with the isolator option so only the second battery in the trunk becomes drained and not the starting battery but its all on you and be sure not to use a standard battery so i would suggest going with a optima yellowtop

im pretty wasted so i hope you can understand what i typed because the room is spinning and i dont think im forming my senteneces properly

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2009
haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us