Anyone know what fits? 2002 silverado ext. cab

Username: Carco_dr

Post Number: 6
I need some advice on what subs will fit under my rear seat. Where can I get a good prefab box? Do I get 10"s or 12"s?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6195
a good pre-fabbed box is a good oxymoron:-) check www.crutchield.com

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 268
Soundoffaudio makes a decent box for under your rear seat....I have a 2001 silverado and did a lot of research and I went with 10's instead of 12's becasue of the space limitations vs. the airspace available in a box that fits with no fabrication to the seat needed.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 703
why cant you build your own, then you could make it fit the specs you need it to....

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 442
http://www.subthump.com/silverado.htm

They make some boxes that give 7" mount depth.. you could actually fit 2 Type R 12s ... just an example.. i wouldn't.. what is your budget and what are you looking for? depending on what you want you have a few options.. you could always get seat risers for a larger box.. or build a false seat for an even larger seat.. or well since its a truck who needs a backseat. just take it out and build a 14^3ft box ;). if more than 2 want a ride just throw em in the back. I ran into this dilemna once but i could never find what i wanted that would fit unless i did a false seat. so i took the backseat out and threw in 2 sx 15".. figured the backseat can always go back in if need be

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1073
I built two separate custom boxes to fit under my 2002 GMC extended cab. They are slanted (front to back) to utilize space. They are .97 CF each.

I have two Audax aero gel 8" firing forward in each enclosure.

Yeah, they only handle 70 watts each, but I wired them down to 4 ohm and get some decent volume out of them, considering the space limitations and oh yeah, BUDGET :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1074
Correction;

Theres just 1 per box. So a total of 2.

You can find better subs out there for more money.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 444
if your looking for 8s i've got 2 RE 8"s :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us