OT-FIREFOX

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 357
I know this isnt the computer forum, but everyone here must have a computer....ha ha ... anyway, I just downloaded and started using firefox and was wanting other peoples opinions on it. Anyone here use it and if so..how long have you been using it, and how do you like it?

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 599
yeah internet explor for me someone updated 8 to 9 and nine sucks on my PC so i got firefox and really like it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
1 For FireFox

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 104
I have used firefox but I like internet explorer much better. My internet explorer loads faster than my firefox. Most sites are still optimized for IE even though firefox constantly has new users.

Personally I think firefox is just another program to clog up my harddrive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
oooh one against...however, since IE isnt working for me, firefox is better than Netscape browser and I dont notice any slowdown compared to IE

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4615
Firefox PW3NS IE. are you kidding me????

firefox loads wayyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than IE EVER did on my comp. lol

and every site works(including this one) with pop-down menus and what not.

plus the customizable themes is a plus with the new ta button...also a plus...and the multi-search engine bar.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3113
firefox is the sh1t

/end thread :-)

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1888
im using firefox right now n it feels like the same sh1t

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8861
IE takes 4ever 2 load - Netscape always seem 2 get some damn error & cuts off on u without warning

i DL firefox about 4mths now & 0 problems thus far .....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4838
F I R E F O X. after i started using this a few months ago, i have never used IE.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4627
the bookmark toolbar is prob my fav. feature.

i have all of my car audio forums on it and it is a simple click of a button to get to them. lol

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 980
i didnt notice a differance, im back to explorer

Silver Member
Username: Justababyboy

Philly, PA

Post Number: 123
Firefox does load faster than IE...b/c firefox caches files when the user is browsing sites....which allows faster loading speeds for websites b/c they are cached

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 117
i dont know bout you you guys, most of you seem to like firefox, but i cant stand it. i got dial up internet and it sucks, neither is fast for me, but with firefox, pages wont come up and then a srceen comes up saying "operation timed out" but firefox is better for your coputer cause it blocks all the viruses and crap that bogs down ur computer

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4306
Wow, I've been using it for 2-3 years now. I used to have major virus problems when I had IE, and always had to have virus scanning (Read: RAM-sucking) software running all the time just so my computer would run, and that only lasted three months max before I had to reformat or something similar. I don't have any virus software right now, so my computer runs faster and doesn't have to be updated with useless virus definitions. I just run adaware and http://housecall.trendmicro.com once a month and I'm fine.

The extensions are the best, I have adblock, all I have to do is right click an image, click adblock, and the image disappears, never to be seen again. It also has a search field up in the top right for looking up stuff on google, ebay, thefreedictionary.com etc. Another cool thing is flashblock, where you have to click any flash-object for it to run. It stops me from getting a lot of the lame advertisements. Plus there are the cool themes for it...the list is massively extensive.

Browsing speeds and startup time are similar in my opinion. The only website I can think of that doesn't run firefox that you would need is the windows update site, but you can just use automatic updates or IE if you ever need to update.

However, the virus protection and excellent pop-up blocker are my favorite reasons to use it.

Bronze Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 17

quote:

yeah internet explor for me someone updated 8 to 9 and nine sucks on my PC so i got firefox and really like it.

WTF? The newest version of IE is 6.

quote:

I used to have major virus problems when I had IE, and always had to have virus scanning (Read: RAM-sucking) software running all the time just so my computer would run, and that only lasted three months max before I had to reformat or something similar. I don't have any virus software right now, so my computer runs faster and doesn't have to be updated with useless virus definitions.

I run IE, have no active virus / spyware scanning enabled, and have no problems with viruses or spyware.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4323
The newest version of IE is 7, actually. It's in BETA mode.

quote:

I run IE, have no active virus / spyware scanning enabled, and have no problems with viruses or spyware.

Very well then. However, the majority(if not all) of people I've had to help with virus and spyware problems run IE, and from the origin of the viruses, they all came through IE via ActiveX.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 370
yep ie sucks azz it used to give me a bunch of spyware virus stuff too. so i switched to mozilla firefox and its waaaaaaaaaaaay better and faster opera is not bad also......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
What I meant was the newest release version of IE is 6.0 plus SP2 and all other updates. My bad.

quote:

the majority(if not all) of people I've had to help with virus and spyware problems run IE, and from the origin of the viruses, they all came through IE via ActiveX.

Sure, I have seen that on some other peoples computers as well. However, those people are the type that are not computer literate enough to know not to install ActiveX controls or download files from sites that offer them free smilies, screen savers, p0rn, etc. So I suppose Firefox my be better for those people. Personally I don't use it because I have no problems with IE and see no need to install more software to fix something that aint broken. I'm not saying that theres anything wrong with Firefox, just that it doesn't appeal to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Bassfiend

Post Number: 13
I use IE 16.07

its liek s00pr f4st and i l00o at cake sitez...

j/k

fierfox 1.5.0.6 ATW

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 605
thats a my bad must have been thinking of some other program, but point is it got updated to the newest version and it was slow to open the home page and slow loading other pages. firefox is alot faster and user friendly

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 124
I tend to get lots of error messages using IE,so I use FireFox more.But for some things I still use IE.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 372
i guess firefox wins!! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
I've only had it for 2 days now, but I like FireFox better than IE and it is a million times better than Netscape Browser.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20

quote:

it[IE] was slow to open the home page and slow loading other pages.

I am willing to bet that the cause of that problem is not the browser itself, but an incorrect setting or something else on the system. The most likely causes for IE loading pages slowly are:

Problem: The IE cache is full
Fix: (in version 6) Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files

Problem: The cache size was somehow set to an extremely low amount
Fix: (in version 6) Tools > Internet Options > Settings, and set the size to at least 100 MB.

Problem: These is some kind of adware / spyware / virus on the system
Fix: Run anti-spyware and anti-virus scanners, I recommend Ad-Aware and AVG, respectively.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4344

quote:

Sure, I have seen that on some other peoples computers as well. However, those people are the type that are not computer literate enough to know not to install ActiveX controls or download files from sites that offer them free smilies, screen savers, p0rn, etc. So I suppose Firefox my be better for those people. Personally I don't use it because I have no problems with IE and see no need to install more software to fix something that aint broken. I'm not saying that theres anything wrong with Firefox, just that it doesn't appeal to me.

Yeah, it's certain that firefox is more robust/foolproof, and that's a major reason I like it. I don't have to worry about clearing the cache or disengaging activeX controls. It just works.

In addition, the extensions and overall flexibility really boost its attractiveness :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10309
Jexx,
What other extensions do you use with firefox?

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
How about this...what are the best extensions to use with FireFox?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4639
go to their site...it shows the top 10 extensions. lol

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4347
I use:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/722/
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/10/
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/101/
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/433/

I also added thefreedictionary.com as a search engine since dictionary.com loads so slowly.

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 74
i use firefox extensively and i love it

Silver Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 115
i used firefox b4 and for some reason 1 day it decided not to work...?
so i downloaded Flock (u kno like Flock u..or like..Flock off u Flockin pr!ck) but its like firefox..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us