Best sql sub for around 250

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 30
ok well im looking for the best single 12" sql sub in a sealed box i can get for around 250 on ebay. im leaning more towards the sq side. i had 2 audiobahns but i hated how they sounded and i want something with much better sq. i have an amp that pushes 480 watts rms at 2 ohms on one channel and bridged at 4 ohms is 960 watts rms. i want something that will still get reasonably loud but still have great sound quality. i was looking at the alpine type R cuz ive heard theyre good sql but i was wondering if there was anything better for a little extra money. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4613
Soundsplinter RL-p

http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp12_premium_series_12_inch_DIY_subwoofer_informat ion.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
hmm ive never even heard of those before. are they good? how loud can i expect one to get in a sealed box? any other suggestions guys? thanks for the suggestion so far

Silver Member
Username: Sx3

Rockford, Illinois USA

Post Number: 334
I have a 15" Ascendant Audio Avalanche I just got reconed. It hasent even been installed since the recone. I'll sell it to you for $200. Let me know my email is Siner1227@aol.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
ok well what would be better the ss rlp or an AA arsenal? which one would get louder but still sound clean. my amp is 480 at 2 ohms or 960 at 4 ohms bridged, so i woudlnt be able to fully power them or i would be able to over power them by like 200 rms. either way its prob not gonna be good or would it be ok to run them that far under or over. thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4839
i got a single treo ssi 12 i am willing to get rid of for $200 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8642
crystal comp
rlp
ssi
re se

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4628
word^^

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 157
I just got a 15" rl-p and I love it....gets loud and sounds good doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 603
jes out of the aresenal and the rlp youd have to go rlp d2 because the aresenal is only d4 and you cant bridge your amp at 2ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 49
hey chad... that sub went for 150 on ur ebay account.. http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-SSi-12-44-subwoofer-like-new-Treo-Engineering_W0QQitemZ 120019379978QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
would that rlp handle the power though? it said like 600-700 watts rms to reach full excersion. would the like 960 rms be too much power for it? if not thats prob the one im gonna get. can i expect some really good sound quality out of it like a ton better than the audioblahs? thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8651
the rlp is 1 of the best all around subs period...u can give it 1000rms and it will take it like a champ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
ok thats pretty much all i needed to know thank you guys so much for the help. im ordering the dual 2 ohm coil sub tonight and some dynamat for my trunk. hopefully itll sound really good. o yea btw does dynamat muffle the sound of the sub at all? i just want to put one piece on my trunk cuz i drive a 1971 pontiac lemans and it has a dual stamped trunk and the two pieces rattle together and sound like complete crap from the outside so im hoping to put some dynamat on it to stop it from doin that. sorry for all the questions and thanks a ton for everything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok i just ordered the dual 2 ohm model tonight. im really excited to get it in i cant wait. im gonna put it in a sealed box and make an amp rack to put my 2000 watt amp next to it cuz its big and itll look cool to have a huge amp pushing one 12" sub haha. i was thinking around a .7 or so cubic foot sealed box. and yall are positive it will handle all 960 watts rms without sounding all distorted and stuff and without blowing the sub? im still a lil worried since it says like 500 watts RMS online. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1406
don't be worried, i have a little over 800wrms going to one type r and it's fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us