Amp Trouble

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 201
OK so my friend just recieved his Audiobahn a8000t to power an arsenal. I installed it and it went into protection mode so I started to troubleshoot. I checked the resistance on the ground and it was fine, but when I went to check the voltage it was only like 4 or 5. I removed the wires from the amp and tested the voltage again and it was 14. I know the amp works because I installed it in my truck and it powers on and plays just fine. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. I have tested with just ground, power, and rem. Nothing I do solves this problem. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas what could be causing this to happen? Thanks for any help!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8639
Inline fuse???

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4271
It seems like it's a problem with his wiring and possibly even his charging system. What kind of car does he have?

Silver Member

OH United States

Post Number: 202
He has an 1993 Acura Legend. I checked all of the fuses and they were fine. It is wierd becuase I have fine voltage when not plugged into the amp but once plugged into the amp the voltage drops.

Silver Member

OH United States

Post Number: 203
Could a bad rem cause this problem? Can I jump the rem from the power to see if it fixes it or will the extra voltage hurt the amp.

Silver Member

OH United States

Post Number: 204
I tried jumping the rem from the power and it still did not turn on. I put it back in my truck and it started right up. There is something wrong with the wiring but I can't find teh problem. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 826
Whats the voltage at the battery. If its 12 or so, run a new wire for power.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4282
Make sure the power wire is secured well at the battery, and that the ground wire is mounted to a clean, rust-free, paint-free(even if you have to scratch away the paint) ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us