Kicker KX1200.1 or JL 1000/1

Brian O
I have 2 12" Solo baric L5 Kickers and I'm looking to upgrade my amp. Should i get a
Kicker KX1200.1 or a JL1000/1. I 've found good deals on both so price doesn't matter,
I'm just curious about opinions

Anonymous
Where did you find the deals. I would get the jl 1000/1

JL 1000/1 all the way, i love the regulated power supplies on the JL amps, so no matter the impedance load, you still get the same wattage.

Anonymous
Definitely the Kicker KX1200.1...

Its just a better made amplifier....

If you are pushing Kicker subs, you might as well have the Kicker amp over the JL..The Kicker is a Class D subwoofer amp made especially just for setups like yours..

I also had a similar setup except I had 2 L515s and the amp seemed to do the trick...just make sure you have a decent Head Unit...

better made amplifier? have you ever looked at the components in any JL amplifier? they are at least 3 times better than any kicker i have ever seen. dont listen to this guy. JL amps are superior to many amps on the market, including kicker. anonymous, do you think the kicker has a regulated power supply? no. so if you run the amp at 4 ohms, it will most likely be putting out 600 watts, while the JL amp is underrated, and has a regulated power supply, so in any situation, it will be putting out close to 1100-1200 watts.

do your research before you pick just based on the name.

Anonymous
Derek,

Gotofuckinghellyoustupidcocksuckingbitch

AmpBoy
Yeah, Derek's right. Stay away from the Kicker amp (unless you can get it a lot cheaper than the 1000/), because you won't get the same level of performance.

victor h
look into the mtx class d amps. they are reaasonably priced for the power. i've used them for 5 years and never had one cut off. i like kicker but i just did an install in a friends truck and his kicker class d got hot and cut off. its running at two ohms which is what its stable at. i just trust mtx more. in my opinion when you buy kicker and jl your also paying for the name brand

DmBassCdr
I have used JL Audio amps for the last 4 years, I have found nothing in comparison to the JL Audio power and performance. Having a conversion van and participating in Kenwood's DB+ competitions, I have won several 1st place trophies for the 2000 watts plus class in the competition. JL amps are truly under rated, blowin Kenwood L7 Solo Barics time after time. Thus I've upgraded to 3 12 12" Competition SPL Sub, pushing about 6000 RMS!!! The JL Audio 1000/1 handles these subs w/o evening getting warm. Take it from someone who has blown cargo door off the hinges along w/ bay windows. Still Bangin.

The kicker 1200.1 is the best for your kicker solo baric 15" L7. The kicker L7 and 1200.1 amp are made to go together for massive bass at 1 ohm. Also, the kicker 1200.1 is underrated at 1200 watts, it can push 1350.1. The jl 1000.1 is a good amp but wouldn't stand a chance vs the 1200.1 when they both power a solo baric 15". Most people argue that the jl 1000.1 puts 1000 watts into a varying impedence, which is true...but why buy different brand amp when it would be out performed?

Anonymous
I have to say get the kicker 1200.1, cuz i already heard both the JL 1000/1 and the kicker. kicker is better and the price is way better. JL is not worth it. However if u can find the kicker zr1000, get tat $%#^$.

Anonymous
JL is heller weak, too much wiring!!!
Just get the kicker man

Anonymous
I heard JL's and Kickers both sucks. If i were u just get Rampage amp for kragen. It is hella cheap as cheap as your mama. Make sure u get this model (#FUCT-U-A55-O).

PANSIT, Luglog
I have one 12' sub running on my car right now and I want to upgrade my amp. Should i get mono amp (Kicker 600.1) or a 2-channel amp bridged (kicker 800.2). Which amp will give more power on my 4 ohms sub (running 500 W RMS).

Balut Boy
Halo Pansit Luglog. Honestly I wouldn't get any kicker products. I have been shopping around for quite a while and have found that the Jensen products are the leading car audio electronics supplier out there. I would recommend that you get a Jensen XA4100 amp. I am using it along with the Audiovox Rampage BA200. It is the best combination that I have found. It hits the highs and the lows. Listening to music from R&B to country it hits all ranges. To buy these products I have found the best prices at KRAGEN.COM. And they'll ship it to your house for a nominal fee. Yours Truly, Balut Boy

Anonymous
Have nothing to say to Balut Boy(stupido).

Well if i was you Pansit, i would of get the kicker 600.1. It would be strong enough and it save you some money too.

Jones
You should all go f*ck yourselves!

Ethan
I have 2 12" Solo baric L5 Kickers and I'm looking to upgrade my amp. Should i get a
Kicker KX1200.1 or a JL1000/1. I 've found good deals on both so price doesn't matter,
I'm just curious about opinions Where did you find the deals. I would get the jl 1000/1 Definitely the Kicker KX1200.1...

Its just a better made amplifier....

If you are pushing Kicker subs, you might as well have the Kicker amp over the JL..The Kicker is a Class D subwoofer amp made especially just for setups like yours..

I also had a similar setup except I had 2 L515s and the amp seemed to do the trick...just make sure you have a decent Head Unit... better made amplifier? have you ever looked at the components in any JL amplifier? they are at least 3 times better than any kicker i have ever seen. dont listen to this guy. JL amps are superior to many amps on the market, including kicker. anonymous, do you think the kicker has a regulated power supply? no. so if you run the amp at 4 ohms, it will most likely be putting out 600 watts, while the JL amp is underrated, and has a regulated power supply, so in any situation, it will be putting out close to 1100-1200 watts.

do your research before you pick just based on the name. Halo Pansit Luglog. Honestly I wouldn't get any kicker products. I have been shopping around for quite a while and have found that the Jensen products are the leading car audio electronics supplier out there. I would recommend that you get a Jensen XA4100 amp. I am using it along with the Audiovox Rampage BA200. It is the best combination that I have found. It hits the highs and the lows. Listening to music from R&B to country it hits all ranges. To buy these products I have found the best prices at KRAGEN.COM. And they'll ship it to your house for a nominal fee. Yours Truly, Balut Boy better made amplifier? have you ever looked at the components in any JL amplifier? they are at least 3 times better than any kicker i have ever seen. dont listen to this guy. JL amps are superior to many amps on the market, including kicker. anonymous, do you think the kicker has a regulated power supply? no. so if you run the amp at 4 ohms, it will most likely be putting out 600 watts, while the JL amp is underrated, and has a regulated power supply, so in any situation, it will be putting out close to 1100-1200 watts.

do your research before you pick just based on the name.

Anonymous
Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 09:43 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Derek,

Gotofuckinghellyoustupidcocksuckingbitch

AmpBoy
Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 04:57 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, Derek's right. Stay away from the Kicker amp (unless you can get it a lot cheaper than the 1000/), because you won't get the same level of performance.

victor h
Monday, September 08, 2003 - 05:14 pm
look into the mtx class d amps. they are reaasonably priced for the power. i've used them for 5 years and never had one cut off. i like kicker but i just did an install in a friends truck and his kicker class d got hot and cut off. its running at two ohms which is what its stable at. i just trust mtx more. in my opinion when you buy kicker and jl your also paying for the name brand

DmBassCdr
Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 08:23 pm
I have used JL Audio amps for the last 4 years, I have found nothing in comparison to the JL Audio power and performance. Having a conversion van and participating in Kenwood's DB+ competitions, I have won several 1st place trophies for the 2000 watts plus class in the competition. JL amps are truly under rated, blowin Kenwood L7 Solo Barics time after time. Thus I've upgraded to 3 12 12" Competition SPL Sub, pushing about 6000 RMS!!! The JL Audio 1000/1 handles these subs w/o evening getting warm. Take it from someone who has blown cargo door off the hinges along w/ bay windows. Still Bangin.

nick
Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 12:15 pm
The kicker 1200.1 is the best for your kicker solo baric 15" L7. The kicker L7 and 1200.1 amp are made to go together for massive bass at 1 ohm. Also, the kicker 1200.1 is underrated at 1200 watts, it can push 1350.1. The jl 1000.1 is a good amp but wouldn't stand a chance vs the 1200.1 when they both power a solo baric 15". Most people argue that the jl 1000.1 puts 1000 watts into a varying impedence, which is true...but why buy different brand amp when it would be out performed?

Anonymous
Monday, October 13, 2003 - 02:09 pm
I have to say get the kicker 1200.1, cuz i already heard both the JL 1000/1 and the kicker. kicker is better and the price is way better. JL is not worth it. However if u can find the kicker zr1000, get tat $%#^$.

Anonymous
Monday, October 13, 2003 - 11:38 pm
JL is heller weak, too much wiring!!!
Just get the kicker man

Anonymous
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 01:07 am
I heard JL's and Kickers both sucks. If i were u just get Rampage amp for kragen. It is hella cheap as cheap as your mama. Make sure u get this model (#FUCT-U-A55-O).

PANSIT, Luglog
Tuesday, October 14, 2003 - 01:22 am
I have one 12' sub running on my car right now and I want to upgrade my amp. Should i get mono amp (Kicker 600.1) or a 2-channel amp bridged (kicker 800.2). Which amp will give more power on my 4 ohms sub (running 500 W RMS).

Anonymous
It's aparent that hardly any of you know a thing about car audio. JL is by far the superior amp. Kicker amps are also great for there price. If pushing 2 subs, your better off getting 2 kickerkx600.1 compared to going with a kickerkx1200.1. Remember the 1200.1 is only rated at 1200 watts at a 1 ohm load. It's best to get 2ohm L5/L7's and run a 2ohm load of 600 per sub. And the comment about Jensen, that name should not have been brought up even. What an idiot. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you have the money, go with JL, if not kicker will suit just fine.

i was wndering which should i get, im just running 1 12" jl audio w6 v2, and i wanna upgrade my amp. either to the hifonics 1500 watts mono for 275, or the jl audio 500/1 mono for 350..thanks for your help... JG

Anonymous
I am about to purchase 2 Kicker Solobaric 10L7's I don't know much about like the 2 ohms and 4ohms thing so which one should I choose and also I am needing an amp to push both subs I am not worried about the price I just want my subs to kick as* so I am wondering if the Kicker KX1200.1 would do that for me or do I need to go with something else? I am kinda wantin to stay with Kicker Amps so if you would help me out and tell me if that would make my subs BOOM or what Kicker Amp I should go with? Thanks

DG
I am the one up above about the 2 Kicker Solobaric 10L7's. Would I need a vented or ported box for these subs, they are going into a 2001 flareside shortbed f-150? I don't want to blow the speakers but I won't it to ROCK eveything!! I read something about the Kicker KX1200.1 Amp is stable at 1ohms and so I would need d2 subs or something like that what does that mean? lol What kinda damage are these subs capable of? Like can they shatter glass of are they not that powerful what cna they do?

DG
Oh yeah I was also wanting to ask after I find out what box i should put them in how should I face them liek back towards the bed or front towards the seats or down if you are able to do that with the speakers and the little space I have because of my shortbed truck?

DG
I meant sealed box up above where I put vented my bad*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us