At what dbs is loud for spl?

Bronze Member
Username: Bump05

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 38
like what db rating is really loud anything over 130?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 115
Well in my opinion hitting in the 160's is really loud. I saw plenty of people hitting 150's but hitting 160's is a whole different story.So yea... I would have to say in the 160's is "really" loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 30
i dont think id really like to hear 160's(up close that is) id be deaff.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 117
Well that's inside the car,outside the car it isn't that loud :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2251
i wouls say anything over 140 is loud cause most daily drivers are int he 130's some place so if u get your daily in the 40's your doing greta but i mean it can alwasy be louder lol

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1413
in my opinion anything over 140-145 is loud for an everyday driver.

if you compete 150-155 for most 1 or 2 sub systems.

anything above that is just unhealthy

my system can hit around 154dB and most people cant take it for more than 20-30 seconds before saying turn it down. so i guess that is considered loud? lol

impossible question to answer but hey i gave it a shot.

also those numbers above are on termlab mics. if your using any other mic take away 3-5db.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4611
i have heard up to as much as 10dbs on some older AC mics....ehhh i dunno.

i agree...anymore than 140-145dbs for daily is stupid loud....you are damaging what precious hearing ability you have left.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 431
Yea.. on my daily im getting 145.7 on a TL... its actually too loud to listen to at full volume.. Maybe this weekend I'll meter it in the port for the hell of it heh :-)

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 383
in my opinion anything above 135db is really loud and 130 to 135 is decent my perfect range is 140

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 507
ur wild andy ... constantly listening to 140 dbs is insanse ... u better be investing in a hearing aid ..

as for 150 to 160 dbs thats retarted for a DD ... thats like asking to damage hearing ... etc and also damage ur car ... trhats what people have seperate vehicles designed for spl .. cuz it ruins ur ride unless its done correctly

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 120
If you read the post he did ask what loud was for SPL.That's why I posted what I did.He wasn't asking about what is loud for the average joe or for daily driving.He asked what was loud for SPL so I told him.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 773
i doubt he always has his stereo turned up to the point that its in the 140's at all times and alot of guys here have systems that can get to almost 150 as daily drivers and some have even louder
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us