Anyone have a 2006 Jetta?

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 323
Hello all,

I got a 2006 VW Jetta TDI a few weeks ago and am debating on what, if any, stereo mods I am going to make.

I do know I am not going to replace the head unit. I am considering replacing some speakers and adding two subs. The trunk is huge, I am thinking perhaps a JL 1000/1 amp and two W7 12 inch subs back there.

I really don't want to rip up this car so I wanted to see if anyone out there also has this model car and has done any mods, if so can you post pics?

I also need to know how the grills for the speakers come off, do they pull off or must the door panels be removed? I want to check to see before I try anything.

I have been looking for a site or posting that will tell me what size and impedance speakers are there (I have the head unit with Sirius and the in dash 6 disk changer) and if there is an external amp or not.

How to hook into the stereo to get a pre out converter for amp? Can the factory speakers be easily replaced with better ones (I am leaning towards Infinity Kappa) how difficult to run the wires to trunk for amp and subs, etc that kind of stuff.

I want to do as much of this as I can myself to save some money, so anyone who has done any mods to this system please let me know as much as you can.

Thanks!!
Mike
Waskom, TX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us