I know next to nothing, please help

Username: Acm_3114

Tulsa, Oklahoma United states

Post Number: 3
ok, i just bought two 12' audiobahn ALUM12N subs off the net. 1000 w rms each, 2000 w max each. here are some more of their specs that i dont know much about:Dual 6 Ohm Voice Coils, Multi-connect Lug Lock Terminals, Magnet Weight: 120 Oz., Frequency Response: 18Hz-500Hz, Efficiency: 96.4dB, Voice Coil: 3" Dual 6 Ohms, Spun Aluminum Cone. so, basicly what i need to know is what kind of amp would work well enough with these subs. i dont need an exact amp just the specs of an amp that could work so that when i go to buy one i wont pull a dumbass move and buy something i cant use or burns up. almost any advice will help. peace

Bronze Member
Username: Coolwazabi

Nashville, TN United States

Post Number: 11
i was gonna get the same 1's but i guess audiobahn are crappy suddenly... but get the HIFONICS BXI 2006D BRUTUS 2000W AMPLIIFER BXI2006D its kinda expensive but it works good.. for me anyway..

Post Number: 4
what makes you think audiobahn is crappy all of the sudden?

Post Number: 5
and also, ive been reading alot of reviews on these subs and some people say they sound better in a small sealed box. any advice on what box?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 335
AUSTIN, go to the subwoofer threads and read what they say about Audiobahns....mainly that they do get pretty loud, but the sound quality is bad...better to save up your money and get something better

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 618
^^^ Second that

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6180
"what makes you think audiobahn is crappy all of the sudden?"

They always have been!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1970
they're better ported cuz they're SPL subs... they do suck and they tend to blow... for the money you can't argue but there are better subs out there. Hifonics 2006d is not expensive... plus is not so Great when it comes to quality... the best ohm load you can get is 1.5 Ohm so you'll need a 2500w rms amp or something like that...

Why don't you get just one DD 2500 series and you'll be the happiest guy ever (after muddy of course lol!)

Post Number: 6
"what makes you think audiobahn is crappy all of the sudden?"

They always have been!

i dont know who you guys are or what you know but my friend has had one 12' audiobahn and a 1000 w amp for the last 4 years and that system beat hard as hell. and i got that deal because it was a good deal. if i had money to get better subs i would but i barely have enough for an amp and an install. can someone get a little more basic on amp advice also. peace.

Post Number: 7
i got the subs, they were a good deal, ive heard several 12' audiobahns that i like, im asking for amp advice, not downing what ive already bought. could someone please get a little more basic about amp advice. under $200. thaks alot guys. peace

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 88
ok, i think the mistake people make about audiobahn is that some of their stuff is good and can get loud, but they seem to lose focus on keeping a quality product line and instead try to make everything look shiny and cool, and charge maybe a little too much for the actual product your getting. just my 2 sense

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8856
no way in hell r u gonna get 2000wrms 4 $200

best econo amp 4 it would be that Hif amp above - if u really want something good there's that orion 2500d amp on ebay $500 shipped ....

read this when u have time http://www.wickedcases.com/tutorials/index.html

& u will need 2 do this too with that much power
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us