Memphis + Kenwood = problem

Username: Crook4life07

Post Number: 1
I have a Kenwood 350 watt amp pushing a 10" memphis in a ProBox. The system pounds to say the least, theres just one problem. When i listen to it with the car off i can bump it loud, but as soon as i turn over the engine, all sound will cut off and the cd player will stay on. Then i have to turn off the cd player, wait like 5 seconds, and turn it back on, just lower the volume alot. Can anyone help me out, my first thought was the alternator...

Bronze Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 99
does your car turn over very strong

Post Number: 2
no not really, its a 2003 hyundai tiburon.

Post Number: 3
its not like it just cuts off only when i turn on the car, i just cant turn it up nearly as loud, it will stop hitting and just cut out, not just the sub, all speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 824
Amp not getting enough power. When car is off, it is drawing all usable power, but when car is on, power is used for makeing the car run. I cant imagine that car having an alt over 60-80 amps at max, and thats my opionion. Put a DMM on it (the amp) and see what the voltage draw is on it when the car is off and then on.

Post Number: 4
thanks dude

Post Number: 5
so if thats it do i need to buy a better alt??? If so how much do they cost?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 965
uh??? usually a car cuts off acessories for the turning over so an alt wont help. idk why you would have to turn your HU off then on, that means something is in protection but idk why

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 216
and usually I dont run my system with car off cause...next thing I would know...I turn my key over and it wont do anything..lol...that sucks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Skeg

Post Number: 30
Find out why the car isnt cutting power to the head unit..are you shure you have everything wired up correctly on the headunit and wiring harness?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us