What was the max power you have put to your Re SX?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1353
Just curious. I have been running a strapped pair of Kicker sx1250's at 1ohm for the past couple of days on my SX 15 and it has been sounding loud as hell. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4769
thats alot polo. lol.

i plan on running a orion 2500d to mine. my sx is dual 1ohm so i am going to connect it in series to give me a 2ohm load. at 2 ohm that amp is 1700wrms.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1357
Ya, I am running over 2500 rms at 2 ohm but it is at 1 ohm so you should be able to get away with an Orion at .5ohm. Try it and let me know, lol.. Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4772
only way i would run it at 1 ohm is if i am entering a comp. for daily that would be insane.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1358
I planned on blowing it, just hasn't let loose..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1780
well i put my 18 inch sx with a hifonics bxi2006d for a couple of times and because the amp its alil overated i think i was puttin close to 1800 watts rms

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4773
well what happened lilrob? did it take all of it with no problem?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3073
i run mine on about 1700-1800wrms daily now :-)

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 373
1 ohm wouldnt be insane for daily drivin for me that would be just right 2 and 4 ohm is too quite for me 2 ohms isnt bad but 1 ohm is just right now .5 ohm on everyday is frqin insane that would be too much I am selling my kicker2500.1 just so i can get the orion2500d to run it in 1 ohm and polo u better watch your sub closly cause when it blows it can catch fire and with that much power it would produce alot of smoke and could catch your car on fire if u dont catch it soon enough thats why its dangerous to be tryin to blow a sub and drivin cause u wouldnt know its blown and smokin until u smell and say what is that obvious smell lol by then the subs on fire!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4774
i meant to say .5 ohm on my post. since i have a dual 1 ohm sub.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1362
Hahahah, Ya I know. Ia m not literally trying, I just said that but if it becomes a casualty of war then, hey it was for a good cause and I will have found out the shear limits of that sub. Think of it as a REAL LIFE no bs test. Today I really pounded the sh!t out of it and old trusty is just taking it! I haven't even smelled any stinky or anything, great sub. You can run that 2500 at 1 ohm all day! The 2500.1 is made of two 1250's internally speaking and I have been running my strapped set at 1 ohm for a long time and I have been running them single at .5 ohm for an even longer time, you should be fine just turn the gains down to 1/4 or less and make sure you have A LOT of power. That Kicker is a much better amp than the Orion, sorry Orion fans.. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4779
lol when i have a nice back up sub then i will try that. i am researching a few subs i have in mind for my next monster install.

18 ssx
18 ti pro
18 xxx (older model)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1363
Try not selling all of your subs and you will have a backup, lol/..Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4792
i think i will stick with the orion 2500 wired at 2ohm giving me 1700wrms.

my first choice was the kx2500 or the zx2500 but that would give me all 2500wrms on my sx. i think thats too much for daily. however i can take it easy on the gain.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4793
oh forgot to mention the main reason for choosing the orion. the price. i can't find a kicker for under 500 but the orion is under 500.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1365
I agree, I also think the amount I am putting to my sx is too much but it is taking it like a good wh0re, who am I to interrupt this fun? You should see the spaghetti in my trunk. I have nothing boltred down yet, lol. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4796
well polo i'll keep you posted after i get the orion or another amp thats more powerful than the current one i have. you will see a single re sx 18 hit in the low 150s. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3095
polo...once you kill that SX...how much you want for it :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Skeg

Post Number: 24
wow this sounds like some really instense shi*

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4798
marshall you think its possible to make a mold for a aeroport with a knife. i mean carving it with a knife. damn i don't have lathe or whatever you call it.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3096
just stack a few MDF rings (4-5) each roughly 1" less in diameter than the last and fill the gaps w/ bondo :-)

that what i did, you can mold it into a curve too.

i also just tried a bowl for 6" and a saucer for 4" w/ 2 mdf rings that fit inside the pipe. it was quick to build and did pretty good for 4" pipe w/ a heat gun.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3097
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=2638472

one of my first tries w/ 4"...i got better at building them since then.

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=2654051

6" flared w/ a bowl

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4799
thats awesome. i gotta try that. only problem is home depot don't have 6 inch pvc pipes. damn. 4 inch is the biggest they have.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 125
how loud do you guys think 2 sx 18's on a soundstream pca 3500d will get(2ohm daily/.5ohm comp)

ps- the install will be in a 99 4runner

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4810
it would get loud.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3100
matt...i could see 152's out of a system like that, but your vehicle will prolly peak at about 42-45hz.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1367
I now think it is entirely possible to hit a 150+ with a single Re sx 15. Polo...

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3107
oh yea...its more than possible to hit 150+ in the right car w/ the right box.

i mean, dam...i'm getting 148's w/ 3cuft an only 600w after box rise. if i had your 2 sx1250's strapped at 1ohm, i would be in business :-)

my box rise is ~3ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 118
Heh, I saw quite a few setups of a single 12 inch sub hit in the 148's yesterday.I actually saw a 12 inch kicker pull off a 149 so it's not too surprising to hit 150 with a single sub.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1368
Did you try a larger box, 3 cf is kinda small for a sx 15? Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4828
ima add another port this weekend to my 6.5 cuft box. i think i will tune it to 36hz. then i am gonna get it metered with only 1000wrms to see what i can hit.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3108
there are a few guys here in louisiana playing around w/ SX's...diffenent box designs and such.

a few of them are running SX15's in 2.8cuft and getting loud as h3ll.

depending on what freq your vehicle likes, different box sizes work better than others. EX, if your vehicle likes a low note use a big box. But one trouble w/ big boxes is that you tend to get more box rise and your sub actually sees less power.

plus, w/ a smaller box subs can handle more power physically. the dont move as much. :-)

its all trial a error...i'm prolly gonna try bout 4cuft later on, or i may just get a second SX15 like i have been planning to do for like 4 monthes...loll

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 429
you shoulda bought mine from me when I was selling it .. or I would have traded it for your RE 35.1.. lol. know anyone looking for 2 RE 8"s? I need to plug my box and fine the resonant frequency of my car so that will probably be the next step before I built a new box.. but idk. I need to sell the last one i made.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3109
i have a lil something up my sleave

***cough-sponsor-cough***

i may get rid of everything i got right now and start from scratch

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4829
well i was thinking 4 cuft at first but i figured thats kinda small for a 18inch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us