New system

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 166
i recently put in 2 12" cvx's and i like them but i still want more so i'm saving for a new system and cant decide what i should look at

i was thinking either 2 15's or 2 18's all with about 1500 watts RMS to each sub
but i cant decide between 2 15 L7, or 2 15" or 2 18" RE SX or audioque HD3 which one of these setups would be louder and sound better its all goin in a 97 tahoe

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1778
the audiques qill be your best choice, hey my friend its lookin for some cvx tell me a good price and maybe he can buy it from u

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1184
the l7s arent even in the same league as an re sx. lol

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 167
yeah i no that steve lol but around here no one even knows what SQ is and the only brands are like RF and kicker and occasionaly a rare W7 will show up so i guess i just want it to be really loud but have decent SQ

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 168
bump

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 172
you cant go wrong with the sx's

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 169
anyone else have an opinion

also any other subs to consider

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 452
2 18" sx's

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 170
well the hd3 18's are only gonna be about $450 a piece and the only way i think i could get the SX for 450 would be to send chad lee money and have him buy me some and ship them here lol cuz he said there is a shop by him that sells them for about that

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4771
if you have room for 2 18s then i would suggest treo ssi 18s. i know i said that my re sx was louder than my 2 ssi's but the ssi's were 12s. according to some people that own the ssi 18s, they get loud while sounding super clean.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 171
i was just on the DD forum and i read about them doing a drop in test with 2 9500 and 2 HD3's and the results were very close (they wouldnt give exact #'S) each one was hooked up to a dd Z1 so 3000 watts a piece

so the HD3's are looking good

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 172
well i have been wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of going with 18's or 15's will i lose much sound quality or gain much SPl is worth the extra money i really dont mind giving up my cargo space in fact i'd actually really like an excuse not to have to put stuff back there

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 454
in that case go with 18s. shouldnt lose much sq if any at all, tad bit louder, and deeper bass response

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1781
oh hey i got a single 18 inch sxmake me a good afer and i might sell it i dont need it because its huge, and i need the space for my tools.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 173
another question???? do you guys think the SX or HD3 can handle 2000 watts RMS or would that be pushing it

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4576
i have read on the DD forum that that is about the most you should go daily on the HD's.

they are supposed to be really nice.

i forget his name but there is a guy on the ROE forum that has a HD in a SQ install.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4577
i saw on the AQ website that the HD is rated at 2000w music...i think that is a little underrated just to be safe...so you could maybe go a little more. use your ears!

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 175
ok cool i already have one RF t1000 which is rated at 1657 at 1 ohm so i guess i'll just get another one and use the bd sync cable if i go that route would i need to Dual 4 ohm subs so i could wire them to 1 ohm cuz i'm not really familiar with that stuff

Gold Member

Post Number: 4579
post pics when you get yer stuff!!!!

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 176
i will deffinately its gonna take time though

not to mention production of the 18" hd3 isnt supposed to begin until maybe september and i gotta save up another grand hopfully b4 halloween

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 177
what size box do you think those need i saw chads 18 is like 6.5 cubic feet is that good enough for these or should i go more or less

Gold Member

Post Number: 4580
not sure.
call AQ and talk to them.
i wouldn't go any smaller than like 5 cubes.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 179
bad news fried one of my cvx's today my amp puts out 1200 watts at 2 ohms and i had the pair wired up to 1 ohm and one of the wires fell out on the other one so the 1200 watts just destroyed it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us