Treo vs. DD

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 236
Treo SSi on a kicker zx1000.1 vs. DD 3515 on a kicker zx1500.1...

Which set up will have better overall spl and sq?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4567
3512:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4569
3515:-) LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 56
DD 3515

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4748
i would have to say the dd. i had some recent disappointment with the ssi. after hearing my single re sx kill 2 ssi's in my car, i am having doubts about the subs. the sq is nice though. the re sx was only given 1000wrms and the 2 ssi's were given 2000wrms. the re sx beats it in spl hands down.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 635
chad is your sx the new model or the old model? that really surprises me that the sx is louder than the ssi's. wow.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4763
it must be the older model.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4764
don't tell me its the install either cause i had my ssi's in sealed, slot port, aero ports, etc.... i must of tried like 5 different boxes for my ssi's.

also they were in the trunk firing toward the rear and tried them toward the front. i also i had them in the place of my backseat firing forward and firing up.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1347
I would say it was the install. I have two 10.22's in a common slot ported box at 2.2cf tuned to 35hz, and it is almost as loud as my SX15 in the TCAB box. These are hands down some of the best tens I have ever heard. I put my SX on the same power of two sx1250.1's strapped, yep two 1400rms amps strapped together on my sx15, lol. The SSI's are not in my opinion a spl sub, more sq to me. Now I want to know which is louder a Treo SSX or a DD 9500 ? :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4766
if thats the case polo then i must of built a perfect box for my re sx. i mean a perfect box for my car with that sub in it. don't get me wrong, the ssi's got loud. its just the re sx seems louder and hits deeper.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4767
damn it bump.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8616
hmmm....Chad what did i tell u about the ssi's a couple of months ago...lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1352
The RE sx is a deeper sub, and with over 2500 rms it gets louder! Funny thing is that these amps I have are 1490rms (certified 1490, 1510) @ 2 ohms(strapped) but with the sx it is either 4 or 1 ohm so we all know which one I took, lol. At 1 ohm the strapped pair has to be pumping out like a wh0re, sure is drawing a lot of power so I cut the gain down to 2.5 and only 6dbs of BB. This sub barely gets hot and is a lot louder than before on only one amp. I thought for sure the coils would have been stinking but I guess maybe the proper break/burn-in from before may prolong its life? Polo... :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4768
well chauncey i never said the treos weren't loud. its just i already got used to them and i wanted something louder. they were much louder than the type Xs i had.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1356
Time for an SSX, can't wait till mine gets back from Treo.. Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4770
what happen to your ssx polo??????

Gold Member

Post Number: 4570
what happened?????

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1359
Dunno, they wouldn't tell me. I put 2500rms and the coil came out of allignment, slight scraping against the pole. The thing I am pissed about is I see some running close to 5K to theres (older units) and have had no issues. I am running a Re sx on the same amps with no issues. I am awaiting a reconing and if it blows again, DD here I come! By the way there is a slightly used DD 9515 (f) for $600 buy it now on e-bay, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 4573
what???

I only speak DD....did you say your Treo was having problems???

j/k man. hope it works out for ya.:-):-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1360
WOW, it took everything I had within me to keep from hitting the buy it now button, lol! Polo :-O

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Designs-9917-Quad-Coil_W0QQitemZ160020805874QQihZ006 QQcategoryZ18805QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8850
doesnt the guy in ur link look so fricking GEEKY ! - LOL ......

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4574
Steven and Andrew were trying to grill me on aim as to why the 3500 series looks so puny....like how it has such a small magnet and how it only weighs 32 lbs. lol

if you don't like it don't get it man.
but when everyone in the thread recommends it...dont come crying to me about why you don't like it. PEACE

Gold Member

Post Number: 4575
and for the record.

I recommend DD b/c i like them. i am not obsessed with them anymore than Chauncey is obsessed with Crystal, or Alteraudio with his SI Mag.

so anybody who thinks i am hardcore DD needs to get a clue. lol like i said....i think they are a solid product and i like them SO SUE ME.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 174
hey muddy your opinions would be really appreciated on the NEW SYSTEM thread

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6128
you can't go wrong with DD, they are one of the best companies out now and have been for a long time. SUperb customer service, Superb craftsmanship, a all around great company.

Bronze Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 58
why would you even give DD as an option if you dont like it lol

DD is da SH*T man...excellent company

Gold Member

Post Number: 4592
that guy does look really happy to be next to that DD! lol

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2241
dd is the best hands down im just like u muddy and i agree people are like that with other company b with treo aswell

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1194
Polo, you said that your 2 10 ssis were almost as loud as the 15 sx. that means that my ssi 15 should be even closer to as loud as the 15 sx...that makes me happy....

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1361
With the right amount of power it should be fine but remember it is all in the install/enclosure. Maybe my sx on 2500+ rms is a little louder, lol...:-O

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3516
umm, maybe Chad needs some REAL amps, with real power... lol
j/k but ummm...

but yet another DD vs TREO damn...
lol

flip a coin...
customer service with TREO has fallen with a 90degree drop off... lol
dealers, competitors or customers cant get any support...

"dd is the best hands down im just like u muddy and i agree people are like that with other company b with treo aswell"

umm charlie not sure what u mean... ;)
and for the record I have NO TREO in my car...

but we just burped a SSI 18" with 4000rms and it was rediculous, I belive it did 150-51db in the bandpass box.. 1 sub!

NSPL finals was the fun!!

we had 1 TREO SSX, 2 ALPINE Rs, 2 MOJOs = 5 15s total in extreme 5+ can u say a 160.3db! :-O
ohhh 2day install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1375
I agree on the customer support of Treo, WAYNE IS A D!CK! But what I am needing to know, is DD actually louder than Treo? I would even take comparable but I will not take a cut in performance at all. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4864
"umm, maybe Chad needs some REAL amps, with real power... lol
j/k but ummm..."

lol. wassup B. i think you might be right. i need more than 1000wrms. anyways i love the way the 18s sound over the 12s. one is enough in my car. can't wait til i get the ssx 18. i am even considering ti pro 18 with 4000wrms.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3521
Polo both will edge over each other, just depends on the install, as far as SQ ill choose TREO anyday... In a SPL config the DD may edge by 1db or so... thus its higher Fs....
:-O

but u have to remember of the SSX tore ur car apart, underpowered... lol
:-O

when we burped the 15 SSX man its a STIFF MF!! it was still stiff as hell at end of weekend... lol after hittin 160.3...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1376
B, that sub gave me a Fricken head ache and was even worse on 2500++ rms! That sub hit so hard it made my teeth chatter and my tostrils fealt like they were closing! I still need to get under my car and tack weald the converter heat shield. I still think I can get more out of her but haven't had it in my car enough to find out, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4867
well polo i think that is a sign you are over the hill. lol.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1378
Chad, you need to remember, my hearing isn't anywhere close to being as good as your virgin ears, lol. I have been listening to loud music as long as it has been LOUD, 80's were great(so was da weed) babay, lmfao.. :-O

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4868
true. you are more immune to loud bass than me. lol. damn peeps from the 80s. they think they are the sh!t. my uncle is always bragging to me about how it was so much more fun in the 80s.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1379
Dude!!!! It WAS!!! I use to run down the block to the neighborhood dealer and pick up a single dubie, and it was $2.00, none of that pinner sh!t you guys have now, lol. Women use to have big hair and Jordash jeans, sooo tight they looked like they were painted on. Roller skating was in style and so was swedish fish, lol. Times were sooo laid back copared to these uptight b@stards of today. I remember when a pack of smokes were $0.68 and a gallon of milk was $0.85. A bag or Doritos was a $1 and a bag of Jays red hots were $.75, lol. I think a bottle of soda was like $.35 or something, don't remember. I do remember when I had my first car, it was a 1972 Plymouth satellite 4 door was an old police interceptor with a freshly rebuilt 383 magnum. I paid $225 for this car, no BS! The old man started to lose his eyesite due to diabetes and I told him it was gonna be my first car. He asked how much ya got and I said $250. He said lets go for a ride, he got it up to 30 mph and said "what ya think"? I said WOW sound sweet and he said, you ain't seen sh!t yet, he then mashed the pedal and the rear end broke loose like a bat outta hell, lol. He then took me back and told me "give me what ya got" so I did then he quickly gave me $25 back so I could register/plate it. I loved that car, nothing like a dual bench seat car and having about 10 friends pilling into it for a cruise. Makes me wanna cry, lol....GOOD O'L DAYS...:-O Polo..

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4875
how much was gallon of gas during those times?

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 988
ssx or 9500? spl

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2254
b i am saying that cause u started everyone else with treo and thats basically the only company u recommend if u know what i mean not saying u love them but its just ur favorite
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us