Re subs

Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 6
re subs r they good

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 137
yea, are you talking about a certain model or just RE in general?

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 7
im taliin about the xxx or the other ones i dont remember what there called

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 358
yes they are an awsome brand

Bronze Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 57
re, se, sx, xxx, and the mt...lol

yes they are BA

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4745
excellent subs.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8840
heard a 10" RE SX recently - it kicks @ss !!!......

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 574
Anyone know how much the 18" RE SX is?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4750
there is a store near by where i live that has a few. they are selling them for $450 each.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 575
dont u have one chad?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4751
yeah. i paid $350 shipped for mine. brand new.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 576
how do u like it? How many watts are u sendin to it? and What are your enclosure specs for it?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4754
i am giving it 1000wrms from a jl 1000/1. i love it. its louder than when i had 2 treo ssi's with 2000wrms. i am looking for a more powerful amp cause this sub is just begging for more power. this sub is a dual 1ohm so i was thinking of connecting it to a orion 2500d at 2 ohm. that would give me around 1700wrms.

the sub is in a 6.5 cuft net with 2 4inch aeroports tuned to 32hz. that thing pounds way too much. i am gonna get this baby meter later on today from a local audio shop. i found one that has a tl mic.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 577
how much louder do u think it would be tuned to 35 Hz?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4755
thats hard to say. if i was to tune my box right now to 35hz i don't think it would get that much louder. i imagine it would get a bit more boomy but thats about it. one thing about this sub is that it hits low.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 578
sweet

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 579
Do u think i would be heard from a block or two away with this sub?

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 580
and can u get them directly from RE?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4757
i was bumping to some bass mekaniks on the freeway the other day. i was on the far right lane. this guy from the far left lane which was 3 lanes over changed lanes to come next to me. he asked me what kinda sub i had cause he could feel the bass. you know that the freeways are very noisy.

i don't know about block away but i was heard half a block away.

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 581
thats crazy...lol...can u get it from RE

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 406
yea.. ive got an SX 15.. its running 1000wrms but marshall said they can handle 1800wrms if you know what your doing. mines metered at 145.7 in a 4^3ft box tuned to 35hz.. built another box today for another comp.. new box is tuned for 42hz so well see what happens. Everywhere I go people compliment me on the system. i went down to where i used to live to see my friend James and it was around 11 at night so i did not want to show him my new system at his house and get him in trouble. we went down the road to a local store in his community which was closed at the time and i turned it up. people from a house about 200 feet came walking towards me and asked me what i had in it because it was rattling their windows.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4759
f uck yeah kevin. these re sx's are beasts. i am still in shock at its spl. lol.

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 9
ya so the xx would they be good if i bought 2 of them and then a nice amp do u guys know what amp would be recomended for 2 of those plz give info how many db could 2 of ythose push out?

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 583
so can u or no?

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 407
depends on your budget.. what kind of car/truck/suv do you have? keep in mind to rnu two of those you need a big 3 upgrade and as far as dBs, it all depends on what your looking for. To strickly compete with two SXs in the right install you can be in the low the 150s.. double the power and give each 2000wrms and you can be in the mid 150s. of course if you do not know what your doing i don't suggest that. i have two SX 15s in my truck tuned for 28hz. I was hitting 145.6 at 38hz while way underpowering the subs. and yes you can hear them a few blocks away but you can hear most subs a block a way if the install is good.

and chad.. hurry up and post some numbers damnit! lol we have been waiting for eons i swear :P

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 584
Can u just call RE and order the subs?

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 585
Hey Chad, Do u know how much Xmax the 18" SX has? cause im using the box building calculator and u need that stat.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 408
yea but they might cost more than from a dealer.. ebay normally has a few but all they have on there now is the 2006 MX .. speaking of which i wish i ahd the extra cash for it :-(

http://cgi.ebay.com/RE-Audio-MX12-12-MX-Sub-Resonant-Engineering-like-XXX_W0QQit emZ250019433411QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 10
well i can spend about 700 to 800 if thats were there gonna cost but i can wait to get a amp or do i need 2 of them? but i have a grand prix gt 2 door im not to fimiliar with the hz tging so tell me what that exactly is cuz i have 2 kicker comps that i just sold and those were not very loud in my car they just had a good sound but i sold them i havnt sold them to the guy yet because im waiting on the money

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 11
so withch one is the best out of all of them models

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4760
what are you looking for michael. the sx will get louder than the xxx with less power. the xxx has awesome sq though. a single sx 15 or 18 (if you can fit it in the trunk) will be more than enough to give you good spl.

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 169
hey chad, do you have an aftermarket alternator and what kind of car do you got?

Silver Member

Wisconsin

Post Number: 588
Xmax?...lol

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 12
what i want is something loud and have good spl but is that all they make is 18 and 15 cuz i was thinking of 12s but i dont know allot about that .... so how do u know how to tune to hz idk what thats all about and yea my trunk is pretty big

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 409
well an SX 15 requires 3.5-4.0^3ft ... my box fills my whole trunk of my Jetta. I don't have an h/o alt, just running a yellow top but my amp is starving for power if i listen to music with the volume over 29. but when its that loud you can't really listen to it because it kills your ears.

as far as tuning a box..
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

the xmax for an SX i believe is 20mm? someone correct me if im wrong

your best bet is to get a single 15 for your car and do a big 3.

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 170
i got a 12 inch and it sounds great with only 600 watts going to it!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4762
"hey chad, do you have an aftermarket alternator and what kind of car do you got?"

i have a 05 honda accord coupe. 260a ho alternator from iraggi. 1 yellowtop under the hood and 1 more in the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1779
its 22mm

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 171
okay i remember your car, didnt you have a xxx?

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 238
chad lee, go on aim

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 14
so what aboyt 2 twelves and what does do a big 3 mean

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1366
big 3:
1) Battery negative to chassis
2) Alternator to battery positive
3) Chassis to engine

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 17
is that if i get 2 twelves and cant i just get a good battery in the trunk and get a better alt and will they be loud!! and what amp would i need

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 212
hay guys, i have been away 4um ecoustics 4 a while, but does any1 know what r the RE price line up...(05, and 06 line up if u guys can???)....thx

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 414
I'm not sure but from what I've heard they nearly double in price.. ficaraudio is basically the new (re) .. same guy who designed them

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 24
so if i got 2 12s re sx would it be loud if i got a battery and an ho alt and what amp would be recomended for 2 of those aomeone told me a kicker kx2500 would work good

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 182
mike look into these they should be plenty loud i've heard the RE sx is a great sub but i'm just throwin out another option go to the DD audio forum and read up on what they say about these
http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 428
At the comp I was at Two 15" Audioques pulled a 154 but of course he had 10 batteries and was putting out 6500watts lol.. This was in a ext late 80s small pickup

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 28
hey mr. bojangles why u recomend those r they better? and they look 2 me that theres only 1 that looks pretty good and its the bigger one with the big fom i dont remeber what it was caled but why do u say those why whats wrong with the 2 12s sx

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 183
nothing is wrong with the SX's at all i would actually love to own a pair its just i had a similair thread to this the other day and was told the Audioque HD3's would probably get louder and sound better

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 185
whichever way u go ur gonna have a nice system i was just putting up another idea cuz i wish i had researched more before i bought my Cvx's cuz i kinda regret that decision there just not loud enough lol

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 432
I have not owned many different subs.. I ran the old MTX series in my car then I jumped right to two SX 15"s.. the only other sub I own is a Memphis LVS 15" but am currently running 1 SX 15".. I've heard a lot of systems and from what I've owned and heard I like RE.. If you could only get a chance to sit in a SUV with 2 XXX 12"s you'd be amazed. The Audioques I heard were only to compete so I'm unsure of how they actually sound SQ wise. But as far as loud, at the recent comp my single RE was louder than 4 Kicker cvrs, 4 Kicker L7s (sealed..), 2 15" Soundstream Tarantulas, 2 Audiopipe 15"s.. ect. If you can come across a pair for a decent price I'd jump on them. You might check out Ficaraudio, basically the same as RE..

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 52
idk the audioque just looks not asgood but loks dont mtter so idk i just hope there loud

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8648
"idk the audioque just looks not asgood but loks dont mtter so idk i just hope there loud"

rule #4 in car audio looks are pointless

Bronze Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 59
ya r those cheaper though.. and doesnt spl mean sound, pressure, level and thats the kind of bass that hass that pressure feel and what does sql mean?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us