ANY HETRYING TO USE A PORTABLE MP3 PLAYER INSTEAD OF A CAR STEREO (STOLEN 2X)

Username: Ramhz

SAN JOSE, CA USA

Post Number: 1
HELLO! MY CAR STEREO + HAS BEEN STOLEN TWO TIMES AND I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE ANY MORE. SO MY ? IS MY MP3 PLAYER OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT HAVE A REMOTE WIRE. I HAVE INSTALLED SOME SPEAKERS AND A CHEAP VRA4.0 STEREO AMPLIFIER. HOW CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE REMOTE WIRE. MY CAR IS A TOYOTA TACOMA 4 CYL. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4130
Hook up the remote wire to the battery constant. Make sure you put a switch inline or else your amp will be on all the time and end up draining the battery.

SAN JOSE, CA USA

Post Number: 2
THANKS

I'BEEN READING THAT IT HAS TO BE 12VOLTS. DOES IT NEED A FUSE OR NOT

OTHERS SAY THAT I CAN RUN A CABLE FROM THE CAR'S SWITH SO THAT EVERYTIME I TURN ON THE CAR THE AMP WILL TURN ON. HOWEVER I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4134
Yeah, just use a fuse tap, and find a fuse that only receives power when the car is on if you don't want a switch. It's the gold tab in this pic: Upload

Can you please turn off the caps? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1892
did you have an alarm?? bad luck bro...

SAN JOSE, CA USA

Post Number: 3
HI JEXX!
can you please explain in more detail. Please excuse my ignorance about this. If you can give me directions in a more detail way.

thanks a lot.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4185
You need to go to the main fuse panel and find a fuse that only gets power when the car is on.

Then, buy a metal tap for it, as posted in the above picture, and hook it up as shown.

Next, simply connect to the remore wire from the amp to the fuse, and you're done! :-)

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 964
Get out your owners manual - find the page(s) covering the accessory fuse panel. Look for the fuse labeled (radio), pull it. Buy a fuse tap as Jexx mentioned - radio shack has them. Install it.
Here's another look...
Upload
That will give you a switched source to connect to your amp's remote turn on.
My next question would be - what is the output voltage of your mp3 player???

SAN JOSE, CA USA

Post Number: 4
hello optidriven

i have no idea what is the output voltage of my mp3 player.
how do i find that out.

thanx

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4202
The best way for him to find out if it's going to be loud enough is probably just hooking it up haha :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us