Marshall White....

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 333
just wondering about the comp you were talking about having in Monroe...anything happening towards that yet??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3068
yes...i have talked w/ the people at Autotrim Designs and they are willing to get in on this w/ me. Their lot is too small the hold a comp though.

I still need to talk to ULM and try to get the OK to have it in the Stadium Parking lot or maybe the Grove. I want to try and get this going about the second weekend in October if I can.

I am moving back to Monroe tommorrow and i'm bringing my Termlab. I am buying a power inverter today on ebay as well. I already have 2 deep cycle batts to run the inverter off, so when i find a lot to hold the comp in i wont even need an electrical outlet to hook up the computer and TL.

I'm gonna just give away nice trophies for 1st and do nice print-outs for 2nd and 3rd. I may do trophies for 2nd too, i just have to see how many people are going to show...i have to at least break even on the trophies. I'm going to try to keep the entry fee as low as i can...just $10 prolly.

I plan on keeping the rules simple based on sub size and number:
class 1 --- 2 10's or 1 12
class 2 --- 3 10's , 2 12's, or 1 15"
class 3 --- anything you got
class 4 --- port war (or maybe 30sec average on music)

I figure 4 or 5 classes will be more than enough. I'm am going to make a few CD's for everyone to use w/ sine waves and sweeps. I will give everyone 60sec per run (instead of the usual 30sec like at sactioned events).

I have a few people from here in Jonesville that a going to come and a few from Ruston for sure.

If you can think of any other lot to use the hold the comp, get ahold of me.

marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 404
all the classes down here for local events are based o nthe RMS rated @ 4ohms so everything is pretty much even. only thing thats kinda not in your classes is class 2. but i guess if you have a really good setup with a 15 you could still place first.. but then again i know someone with 2 cyrstal comps running with 2 bp1200.1s hitting 150s.. twice as loud as my SX with 1000rms

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3070
The only thing wrong w/ going by 4ohm power rating is that some people have cheap amps that claim "1400wrms" on the heat sink and actually only do about 200w at 4ohm...lol.

I'm guessing that you compete in USACi comps...right? That is what i usually compete in aswell. But ALOT of stuff starts up over 4ohm rating...go over to the usaci board and see. Half the time people are arguing over American Bass, Atomic, MMats, and other amp rating.

---for instance, kicker kx1200.1's have been allowed to run in 0-300w classes for a long time, but just this year USACi 'rerated' them at 450w.

sub size is a lot easier to judge :-)

The classes i am gonna use are alot like dBDrag Racing classes, but you can meter outlaw style (in the kick)

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 334
Marshall...please mail me when things are ready to go...I would at least like to be there and maybe even put my crappy little system to the test...lol
bagh@rocketmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 405
well my amp is rated for 350rms @ 4 ohm but does 1000rms @ 1 ohm. there is a flaw to the system but it really helps the people out there who know that to do :P. so im running in the 0-400 class. oh btw marshall i built my box today.. was not at my apartment so i did not have my dremel to round off the port end but i did get to resin the inside of the box. i was unsure how thick to go so its got 1 coat. ill be posting numbers tomorrow when i get home afte the comp but im bringing my other box just in case this one does not post numbers like it should. if it does 147-148 like im hoping i could hit 150s with an extra batter and another 1000rms :D

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3072
good luck kevin...i think you should post 147+ is all goes well.

micheal, i'll get ahold of ya when i get things setup. I'm going to post fliers around town at shops too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us