Killaj17JBL AMP anygood... problems...

Silver Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 327
I traded a PA amp for this JBL BP1200.1 of course i had to dish a little extra money besides that, but anyways is this a good amp it seems decent, doesnt get warm at all and pounds my subs. But besides that i noticed it has 4 RCA inputs i am running Y splitters to connect all the inputs, is this recommended? it has no outputs and is a mono block so i am guesing so... but by using the Y splitters would it cut my voltage in half? Should i set my gain to 2V instead of 4V (HU is 4v) but also i was noticing when i would turn my amp so loud it would just pop into protection really fast and back into the Running state, repetivly, the sub would retract instantly and just stop and pound again in the middle of a bass note... its clipping? i tested my subs again and the one of them is still reading at 2ohm's and the other is reading at 1.7ohm they are both qired the same way to did my sub take a crap on me? it dosnt seem to do it with 1 sub connected, also the lower i would drop my ohm loads the quicker the subs would do that.... But besides that, is this a good amp? I am running it at 4ohms and it dosnt get hot at all, it says its 1ohm stable, if stays runnig cool at 1ohm should it be safe to attempt a .5ohm load?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1879
nice amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us