Amps wont come on!!!!! Nedd help plz

Silver Member
Username: Tiggerboi87

Pensacola, FL United States

Post Number: 191
I just got a new HU today something a little cheap to hold me over for a while till i get enoughb mondy for a better one. Now to the problem. I have three amps. I already had a HU in here so everything wuz hooked up already and all i really needed to connect wuz the ground, power, and 2 other wires i believe.
I Took my dash panel out to do this and i hooked it up and everything to see if it worked before i put the panel back on. It all worked fine. So then i unhook everything from the HU and pu the panel back. Then i hook everything bakc up. The CD player comes on and works fine but now my amps wont come on anymore. I dont knwo whats wrong with it so i dont really know how to troubleshoot. So if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 813
Use the DMM to see if you have 12vlots to the amp, 4 or so on the rem, and ohm out the ground wire. That will tell you if its a power or amp problem. Quick and simply without removing stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Well i dont knwo wha that is. I didnt insatll the all my stuff. The only thing i tried puttin in wuz my HU and i though i did it with no problem at first but i guess i wuz wrong. So what is a DMM?

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 814
Digital multi meter. Fastest and easiest way to diagnose problems with electronics.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1569
Digital
Multi
Meter

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
WEll i guess i cant do that right now cuz i dont have one. But i guess ill take it around the shop where i got my stuff installed at to see if they can figure out wuts wrong

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 815
Also, the rem may not be suppling enough power to turn on 3 amps. You may need a relay. Unhook 1 amp and see if the other two come on. If not, try feeding 1 amp with the rem. if not check to see if the rem is hot when HU is on. You can even try jumping from amp positive to amp rem erminal to see if it turns on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Yes That B!tch works now. Thanks for the advice marc. I unhooked one of the amps and the other ones turned on and then i tried the same thing with the other ones to see if they worked to and it did. I hooked everything back up and now they all turn on agian. Now what can i do to prevent his from happining again?

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 817
Get a relay and wire it in to power mutiply amps. Its easy to do, just reserch it. If your stuck, repost in Acc. forum, "How to wire a relay'. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us