Finnally got my new sub ***PICS***

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 134
well I got it today. Took some pics tell me what you guys think. Ohh and the last pic is of the box I plan to build for it tommorrow tell me what you all think of that too....Will it pound in there??

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4523
more pics!!!!!!!!!:-)

i think it will get loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
what else do u wanna see??? lol...and what about that box...it will be my first one so i just wanna make sure I get it right...If I can get some feedback about it Ill start it tommorrow and get some pics up of the process of me building the box.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4738
more pics please.

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 214
I wouldn't do that kind of box..I would go with a slot port...I made a box like that for my mojo and I just had a guy build me a slotted port box and its way better!! way louder...u want to make sure u got your box right cause it can make your sub sound like crap or like god!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4528
seriously....more pics of the sub....like in your second pic except zoom out more. and use a coke can for reference....get Creative!!!! lol

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1397
looks good

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
here ya go...some more pictures...now someone please tell me what they think of the box plan and the reason I am doing it with the pvc ports instead of a slot port is to save space
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
sorry the pics arent the best they are from my phone cause its all I got to take pics w/

Gold Member

Post Number: 4540
*takes a deep breath out*

now that i have gotten my fix.

am i mistaken or do you only have 8sq.in. of port area per cube?????

you have 2 4in. flares.

pie(r2 for both = 25sq. in. for a 3 cubes box right???

i think you need more port area:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
no i only have 8.... yeah a 3 cube box....how much port area do you think I need??

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
I cant make the ports much longer than 20 inches so do you suggest that I make the box bigger??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4542
you can use more ports and have them a shorter distance to make it right:-):-):

try adding another 4 inch port and then re-adjust the lenghts on all three to acheive your tuning.:-):-)

your best bet i think^^^^

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
well the calculator I was using said that if I add another 4 inch port I will have to make the ports longer....

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 26
does port area really make a difference in the sound . if the ports are short enough it should have the same tuneing frequency as a big port thats longer

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
so what your saying is that calculator is wrong??? or what....If I have 3 4" ports how long would they have to be tune it to 31 hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 4544
the more port area you have, the MORE length you need to acheive same tuning. to acheive the same air compliance i suppose.

so you will need to build a bigger box....or tune it a little higher.

i don't think 8sq.in. of port area is enough.i coul dbe wrong though

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
ok...well heres what I just came up with quick...ill give the sub 3.4 cubes. tune the box to 31.5hz. the ports will have to be 26.25 inches long and I will have 3 of the 4" ones. This gives me external dimensions of the box of 17x15x36 what do you think of that. It will give me more area. I looked on another site and it said I should have at least 10.5 sq. in. of port area...so you are right.... Do you think my new box plan is better??

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
actually my bad that will give me a 32 hz tune

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 630
i would do one 6" port instead of two 4" ports. i would also try to give it a bigger box and tune it below 30hz. the 15" rl-p i heard was in a 3.3 cu ft box tuned to 33hz and i thought it sounded kinda loose and floppy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
well too late...the box is built...well in the process....still need to cut the sub and port holes... the external dimensions are 36 wide 17 high and 15 deep and I used 3/4 inch MDF....it doesnt look that great but once I cover it w/ carpet I think it will turn out pretty nicely...I will post pics soon as it Is complete. I am still planning on doing the 3 4 inch ports and maybe I wil do them 28 inches long which will give me 31hz tune.....I cant go ne longer than that....and that was as big as I could make the box to get it in my trunk...this is going to be hard enough....

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 581
danmit i want an rlp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us