Alpine type R's

I have a 95 coupe civic and i'm putting reference components in the front and reference 6x9's in the back. Does reference series have good sound? what kind of amp should i run with these speakers? i was thinking an Audiobahn A/B class 4x75 is this i good choice? I also have 2 12" alpine type R subs (SWR-1221D), what kind of box should i house these 12's in, ported, sealed, badnpass? I was thinking about using an Audiobahn class D to power my subs. Once again is this a good choice? or should i go with a high current amp? does panasonic make good head units? what head units give a lot of control over the music? Any help would be great thankyou

I lied on the previous post i have the alpine SWR-1241D's and also is a plexi-glass enclosure better than 3/4 mdf? and is it ok to have more volume for the sub than the specs recommend? i'm lookin at around 1.24 each and the subs say 0.7-1.0, any help is great, thanks again

Anonymous
Plexi is usually very flexable compared to mdf, so building a comlete plexiglass enclosure is not a good idea. (unless it's very thick plexi, with lots of internal bracing.) This is the reason that most brand name(jl audio, audiobahn,etc) enclosures have small plexiglass windows rather than even an entire side made of plexi. Thats normally seen on cheap generic enclosures. I've even seen jl audio dual bandpass boxes with an internal bracing in the center of the plexi windows, because of flexing, which is of course has a negative effect on SPL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us