Wow muddy u werent kidding man

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 488
Last night i was at an amusement park in ct ... where im from and there was a competition in the parking lot ... so i go over there and im listening to some dude during his run ... so as im walking over i can feel my shorts start to move ... so im like holy sh!t ... lol so i walk over to the car closer and i look inside ... the guy has 4 dd 2515's in it ... now i was about 500 ft away and it was making my clothes move ..

he was powering them with 2 crossfire vr4000d's in a wall in the back of a denali ... it was nuts man ...

im contemplating getting some if i decide to go a different route from my avalanche :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4502
cool dude....ii hate to say i told ya so but....:-O

the DD2500 series is probably the loudest cleanest driver you can get for under $300.:-):-):-)

i know i love mine. lol

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 565
How much is a 15" DD2500? and how much power can each handle?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4526
they are aound 240ish i think.

they will handle up to 1200wRMS - clean watts.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 45
what about the DD2512's? how much will they handle?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4533
they all have the same motor. lol

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 567
what is a good amp u would recomend for 2 of those 15's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4535
an orion 2500D
ZX 2500.1

Bronze Member
Username: Bassiloveu

Post Number: 65
Muddy where can i get 15 DD2500??

Gold Member

Post Number: 4536
check out www.ddaudio.com and click on the Dealer Locator.

see if there are any in your area.
if not you can make an order out through DD directly and they will offer you a 20% discount off of MSRP.

orrrr oyu could call Zac Davis at Tinker Toy Customs.
but i think it is against the rules for a dealer to sell out of his area. not sure on that one, i am sure Zac can hook you up.:-)608-365-3500

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 28
yo muddy i gotta say you seem like you are the most helpful guy on this forum. you deff helped me decide on a woofer. im deff gonna try to get a dd 2515 in my hands soon. but can you answer this one question for me i was wondering that if i tune my box to 33 hz does that mean i need a low pass crossover to block out all frequencies below 33 hz and will my sub basically not be able to hit anything below 33. and why wouldnt i want to tune my box to 20 hz to get the best lowend levels and pretty much the flattest response curve.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1343
a lp is meant to block freq. higher than you set it, so if you set it at 80 it want play higher than the 80, and i think all amps have a lp filter on it. you set the sub sonic to the tuning of your box or just below so the sub wont play lower than that. and why tune a box so low, it'd be the same as having a sealed box. and i think dd recommends tuning your box to 40hz, but i've read people tuning their boxes for their dd's from 36hz and up.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3052
i would tune those 2515's prolly to around 35. yes DD rec. you to tune it to 40, but above 38 IMO, the sub gets sloppy, and it misses the really deep notes.

i would do 36 because it will get fckin loud, and still maintain some pretty good sq. the 2500 series is a pretty big spl woofer, and the ones i have heard dont have a ton of sq, but its nice.

and yea, 20hz for a ported box would be funny, cause like mike said, its the same as having a sealed box.

IMO, ports should be between 28-38 hz

Bronze Member

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 30
but if i tune my box to 35 hz then i would lose all frequencies below that even though 20 hz is the lowest audible sound. but still dont some songs have bass notes that low?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4552
no, you wouldn't lose the fequencies below 35hz, even if you have a sub-son set to 35hz, b/c a sub-sonic filter isn't a brick wall filter...there is rolloff.

and i would suggest tuning it between 32-40, anylower and you might as well go sealed.

oh, one more thing. the stiff suspension on the DD's will allowe the sub to play frew. below tuning w/o bottiming out.

but i would watch the volume knob once you get like 8-10hz below tuning.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 403
for a 15" 28hz is fine.. now I'd agree with that statement if it were a 12"

Bronze Member

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 32
ok. thanx alot guys for all your help. im gonna try to get a 2515 in a 2.5 cu ft box tuned to 33 hz does that sound good to everyone. im gonna try to throw 1100 rms on it if i can get this amp from my buddy for cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 574
haha muddy your like the DD guy around here

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 367
how much are 3512 , 2512 ..

and 2512 is 500RMS ..

Bronze Member

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 34
according to Muddy they can handle 1200 clean rms watts but i wouldnt know though i dont have one yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 48
i know for the 2512

ive heard 500, 800, and 1200

Gold Member

Post Number: 4555
the 2500 series is rated at 500wRMS....which means if you played test tones all day with no break...it wouldn't blow.

it is rated at 1000wRMS for music....b/c music is dynamic....and there isn't constant bass...on some song yeah....but not every.

it is said on the DD forum....that if you know what you are doing...they will take up to 1500wRMS daily...i(with others) recommend no more than 1200wRMS so if you blow it up...you don't come crying back to me....USE COMMON SENSE:-)

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 368
okay but how much is it ?? 12" 2500 ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4562
i am not sure exactly. no more than 250 i think.
the 2512 used to retail for $209

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1357
2512 is $195 plus shipping from dd.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4566
there ya go!!! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »