Atomic WAY overrateD?

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 367
HAHA I called Atomic today to get a price quote on the 5000.1 amp. Claims 5000w RMS @ 1 ohm and the guy told me it has four 50 amp fuses so thats like 200amps worth of fuses on that amp? ROFL...Has anyone talked to their sales people?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1748
dude trust me those sales dont nothing about car audio, those are retards if u go to atomic website and see the specs all the xmax on the apx and pocalypsis and apxx says 10mm dude i tro 1k rms and i see around 25mm of excursion those are retards also all their subwoofers said that the xmax of all subwoofers are 10mm hahah they dont know nothing abotu car audio they make great stuff but they have retards selling the products

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 240
they dont even have the 5000.1 on their page... lol i've never liked atomic... lots of the specs are missing from their page.... no fuse ratings on any of their amps... :-(

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 241
their xmax specs say over 2.5" of excursion on apx+apxx...

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1749
i called them and they told me the same that the apx have 10mm of xmax. are they high???

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8819
"10mm of xmax"

those ppl must be
Upload

cause even 12" type R has 18.2 mm xmax......

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 495
hey stoners, thats one way, der. and it isnt the mechanical either. what?, you dont think they know anything about thier own prodects? get a clue you guys

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1750
well we my cousin called the woner of atomic or the due that makes them he said that the products are not well listed because each woofer its custom made to customer specifications, and yeah the specs oh atomic are sometimes wrong it says that the apx can atake up 25k at burps and i seen an apx take more tahn 20k rms and having no problems,

and yeah my apx have like more than 25 mm of xmax with 1k rms and it says 10 mm on all woofers u can download the specs sheet at atomics but that dont make them lesser products even that they have crappy sales people those make great stuff

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1752
http://atomicspeakers.com/images2/Atomic_speaker_Parameters.doc

all of the apocalypsis say it has 10 mm of xmax dude who wrote that sheet was high as hell

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1541
maybe u wrote it
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 385
well the 5000.1 is rated for 5000 @ 1ohm running off 14.4 volts. Incriminator Audio use some of the same boards out of atomic amps in their amps.. another thing that is quite interesting is the Audiopipe GD-3001 uses the same board as the RE 12.1..

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2162
ya i heared that about the RE amp on their forum, ppl were saying that the RE amp wasn't good cause it uses the same boared as the audiopipe and dave said that even though there the same boared the amps are nothing a like.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 500
My lord, its called ONE WAY LINEAR X-MAX!!!!!!!

Learn about mechanical xmax and linear one way excursion before the vc leaves the magnetic gap. before you post another comment about "well it looks like it excurting 25mm so atomic must not know what thier talking about"... read my friend, search and read.

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1753
umm again i know wats excursion i know wats sd i know wats the vd, to get the vd u have to multiply the xmax times the sd dude i know u dont have to tell me or teach me. i know wats peak to peak i know wats one wayi know wats volume displacement and i know wats cone surface area dude dont start

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4492
"i know wats" <~~~that is kinda funny. lolol

i think what Zac is trying to say is that when you say you see 25mm of excursion, it is really around 10mm 1-way....ending up as around 20-25mm excursion.

the sub will travel farther than its Xmax....but not sounding cleanly.

and correct me if i am wrong. but most SPL subs aren't REAL big in the Xmax department anyway are they? seeing as though they take thousands upon thousands of watts for burps.....i don't see them moving much with a couple thousand watts RMS.

i dunno though. thats just my take on it. lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 501
"i know wats" <~~~that is kinda funny. lolol

i think what Zac is trying to say is that when you say you see 25mm of excursion, it is really around 10mm 1-way....ending up as around 20-25mm excursion.
the sub will travel farther than its Xmax....but not sounding cleanly.

Thank you Muddy!!!
And that extra 5mm, that is just mechanical excursion and it is actually bad because the vc has left the magnetic gap.
Lilrob, you don't know all about otherwise you'd have understood this. You should do a search on the anatomy of a subwoofer, it would be very helpful to you. You've got a passion for this stuff, but when you think you know it all you stop learning, sometimes its best to listen or read up.

(mud, spl subs are extremely dependant on excursion, the further they move the more dispacement they'll produce. because of the thousands of watts you mentioned, they need stronger suspension systems, thats one reason dd's stay within the magnetic gap so well, they've got over 7 layers of spiders/dampers on the 9500's to keep the vc within the gap)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4505
cool beans.:-)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 505
:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4530
:-OUpload

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1757
first read it right i said when i trowed 1k rms and i see around 25mm wat hapen if i trow another 1 k???? or another 1k rms?? to make it 3k rms???? then youll see some excursion

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 506
ok rob for the last time, thats mechanical excursion, and when a speaker excurts beyond its linear excursion, in other words the length of the voice coil windings, it will loose control because it is out of the magnetic gap. why is this so hard for you to understand?

If the x-max is 10mm then it will have 20mm of travel within the magnetic gap. end of line

Gold Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1760
ok man ur alwasy right even when ur wrong

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Greensburgh, PA US

Post Number: 159
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2239
lilrob ur wrong zac's right lol so dont start a argument cause ur wrong lol but zac i have a question i keep hearing that the 9500 has more spiders and layers than a 9900 why is this cause i would think it would eb the other way around

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3515
:-O

lol the at5000.1 200a?
WRONG

it can take voltage up to 18.8v out of the box and as low as 10.9. and its the same amp board as a goliath or a vfl 400.1.. also 1 AT5000.1 > 2 2500ds

lil rob a single apx 15 can take up to 4-5krms daily! :-)

hey charlie did u hook that amp to the DD?

wsup Mr. Rovin, & Muddy..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4554
B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-O

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8835
Yo B !!!!!!!

man ur hardly ever around - its like u got hitched or wedlock or something - lol !

B - see if u can hit my on AIM sometime or post in our section now/then so we know ur still alive ....

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1400
whats up B.

"i keep hearing that the 9500 has more spiders and layers than a 9900 why is this cause i would think it would eb the other way around"

ive never heard that charlie...hmm

someone call DD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us