Kicker kx1200.1

Bronze Member
Username: Cutthrote

Post Number: 13
I recently bought a used kx1200.1 amp. I was reading the owners manual on crutchfield and just found out that a new one comes with a seperate 150A fuse and fuse holder since the amp does not have a fuse in the chassis. Of course my used amp did not come with this fuse and fuse holder. I was wondering if the inline fuse(60AGU) included with my 2gauge amp kit would be enough to protect the wire and the amp or would I need to purchase a seperate fuse and fuse holder to connect along the path closer to the amp??

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 794
Get a 150 amp cucuit breaker. Same price as fuse holders and you wont need to buy fuses again. But do protect curcuit with a 150 amp fuse or breaker. Will your current fuse holder take a 150AGU? if so, thats the way to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
My amp kit includes a AGU fuse holder but according to bcae1.com AGU fuses are only available in ratings from 10-80amps...so I assume there's no such thing as a 150AGU fuse. Since that website also doesn't recommend using circuit breakers in car audio, I'm guessing my best chioce is to use a 150amp ANL fuse and fuse holder near the battery in replace of my 60amp AGU?? But I'm mainly concerned with knowing if a 150amp ANL fuse near the battery will protect this amp as well?? Any other suggestions...??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
movin up

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 338
a 150amp ANL fuse will be good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help