Single 10" sub

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 200
My bro just got his license and car, and we've been putting together a stereo for him. He wanted to put 2 12s in the trunk, but I think I have him convinced to just have a single 10" or 12" and we'll fiberglass it inside the cabin. That way he can afford a way better sub and get better sq from it. What would be a good sub for him? He listens to quite a bit of punk so he needs something quick, but something that'll still pound. We're buying locally so around here there's boston, clarion, hertz, alpine, jl, mb quartz, and some others not worth mentioning. I was thinking maybe a w6v2 but if anyone's got any other suggestions throw them this way. Budget is probably about 5 or 600 cdn for the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 649
10" DD 3500

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
Thanks, but can you stick to the list. I want to buy locally.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1320
10" w6

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
That's what I'm leaning towards. what do they like to have for power?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1321
400-450wrms would be perfect for it.

Silver Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 670
why do you wanna buy locally, you can get them for alot less on the internet...

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Don't get me started. For warranty, for stuff that hasn't been ripped apart and put back together to have serial numbers removed, so I can listen to stuff before I buy it. Not to mention that car audio is one of the few businesses left that is run by small private businesses. And the only reason for that is the companies only distribute through authorized dealers. It pisses me off that one minute people will be complaining about companies going too mainstream and selling their stuff in walmart and circuit city, then the next minute they're talking about buying all their stuff off ebay and online vendors. Then you have the nerve to go into a local shop so you can listen to the equipment before you buy it online. So yeah, call me stupid for spending more, but I'm trying to support the little guys so we're not walking into walmart to talk to some 15 year old with horrible acne about car audio, or buying some garbage off the internet that I've never had the chance to listen to.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1339
If you are looking for a SQ/SQL setup go with a boston, maybe that new oval one they have? Polo.

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 38
JL W7 10 inch with a 500/1

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 116
Boston G5...herad one yesterday....sounded great...im getting one as a matter of fact

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
yeah mateo, that's what I've been looking at. I'm gonna head down to a local shop here in saskatoon sometime this week to hear one. It looks like it'd be loud, but did it sound like it'd stay pretty tight? he listens to a lot of punk so he needs something really quick.

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 117
yea as long as you keep it sealed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us