How do i wire two amps to two separate subs

Username: Hessian2310

Post Number: 1
Im wondering how to wire two amps which are the exact same model in order to drive two separate subs. I just bought two Kicker CVX 12s and since im on a budget i plan to keep my sony amp which will push 500 watts RMS bridged buy another one and drive the subs separately by each. That way i can bridge em both and get the best power for my money. Is this possible? Would i need to buy a new amp wiring kit or just get power distribution block. Thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 588
I too have a CVX but am sticking to one and feeind it about 800-900RMS. Amps arent cheap so thats why i went with one sub.

If you want to use to amps get a distributer block. Run sum 4 gauge wires or 8 gauge to the amps and some 0 gauge wire from te battery and make shore you got a Remotoore wire and a ground for both.

Post Number: 1
its that simple? do i run rcas from amp 2 amp or two different sets of rcas from the back of the head unit?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1825
is harder to find good subs than amps...

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 795
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4050
Marc, that's awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 959
RCA splitter from splinter audio is what i used and it worked nicely, not sure if thats a good brand or not but it worked

Post Number: 2
yea that diagram pretty much solved all problems. i just didnt wanna take a chance and mess something up. new to the two amp conf.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us