Bass Boost control

Bronze Member
Username: Nvmyboom

Post Number: 72
Is it a nice control or will it ruin my subs??

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1141
its nice if you know how to use it. Some are different than others though. Some amps come with a control for gain control while others are a bass boost(boosts bass at a certain frequency). Both are nice to use but not using them right will screw your stuff up. Like with a gain control, you want to have the gain up say 75-100% on the amp itself but with the gain control knob you need not take it past 75%( ie if the amp gain is set to 100% and the remote is set to 75% you have 75% gain of the amp, or the amp is set to 75% and the remote is set to 50% you have 35.5% of the amp's gain.)

Bass boosting at a certain frequency is nice because it'll emphasize at a certain frequency but you don't want to use too much of it, i think i only use the first notch on mine cause I like a little more emphasis at the 45hz range.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Ok, i kinda see, im new at this stuff. The remote knob says bass boost on it and it hooks straight to my amp. I have 2 12" cvrs. Would i be better off just not using it or turning it up just a little would be cool???

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 586
Being responsible with it would be your best bet. I've heard different stories of ppl keeping them at max or 3/4 and never having problems. Also heard storeies on the other end. I say to use them at half or below and you should be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
k cool
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us