Possible to blow one sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Delux

Post Number: 16
Hi, i recently got my audiobahn A8000V(800 rms mono channel 2-ohm amp) and 2 12" AA Assassins hooked up about a week ago. I set the gain at about 3/4 up and had the bass boost over half way up as well. Am i overpowering the subs to much? They say 350 rms each so i figured it would be fine.. But today one of the subs stopped working, so i unhooked the other one and re hooked the one that wasn't working to the amp alone and nothing came out.. Is it possible to have just blown one of the speakers and not the other one? and if so, why did only the one blow at all? And lastly, if it is blown, i have the AA warranty, would i be better off sending it in for repair or buying another brand new one?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4003

quote:

i have the AA warranty, would i be better off sending it in for repair or buying another brand new one?

Why would you buy a new one when that one is covered under warranty?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
dont know if it would cost more and take alot longer to fix or if i would be better off just getting another one.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4006
If it's under warranty, it shouldn't cost anything?

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 363
the bass boost is the one that wrecked the sub never use the bass boost period!push on the sub and if it makes a scrathing sound when it moves or if it dont move at all the sub is seized and is blown

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
the warranty doesnt cover burnt coils, and why does bass boost do that?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8817
bass boost always distorts ur music @ high volumes so i never raise mine & always keep it @ 0 .....

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 926
bass boost is basically clipping your amp, im guessing they only put it on there for comps and idiots or the noob, cuz if noobs or idiots use it they bow there subs and make them more money haha, but yeah just dont use it its worse than turning the gain up to high

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
well turns out the sub wasn't even blown. It was pounding enough to knock the wire lose in the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us