Wiring up 3 1/2''s with a component set?

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 63
ok, i have a set of alpine type-R components up front and while they sound much better then my stock speakers, some of the vocals still get drowned out when i have the bass set where i want it. is there a way to wire up some 3 1/2s i could put in my dash without sacrificing any performance from my components?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4004
A better option would be getting an external amp for the components rather than running them off the head unit if that's what you're doing.

Bronze Member

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 64
well ive thought about that but my head unit has a line out adjustment for the subwoofer so if i were to wire up another amp, it would treat those speakers as a sub.(or am i wrong?)

Bronze Member

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 65
i was thinking about that but my head unit has a line out adjustment for a subwoofer, so if i were to wire up another amp, it would treat the speakers as a subwoofer. or am i wrong about this?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1140
You could if you got a 3way crossover that has similar points as the Alpine does. Most crossovers have similar points or points that will work with most speakers. Your woofer in the door probably won't play over 200hz and the mid 3.5in will play up to 3 or 4khz and the tweet plays everything above that.

Bronze Member

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 66
ok, does alpine make a 3 way crossover that would be compatible? and if all three speakers are plugged into the crossover, they will all get equal power from the headunit correct? im thinking this might work....

Bronze Member

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 67
or do you guys have a crossover you could recomend
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us