OT. HELPPPPPP MEEEEEEE!

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1144
i clicked on a link last night on aim. it was a fake link from that said it was a picture. i clicked the link cause it was from my step sister, but realy it was some sort of virus. after clicking the link, it sent the same link to everyone on my buddy list. and it has been doing it randomly since then.

today, my computer has been restarting randomly about every 20 minutes or so. i dont know if it has to do with that ^^^ or not??? can someone please HELP ME!!

i tried doing disk cleanup on all internet temp files, and i virus scanned alot of the C drive. havent found much of anything.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4417
wow. don't im me then. lol

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2223
that happened to a coupleof my friends i alos believe it happened to nemen i forget or chad but i forget how to fix it

Bronze Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 73
yea it is that link..it happened to me like 6 months ago..but my cousin worked for pc world at the time so we took it there n they restored the hard drive..but after like a week of cutting off continually it just stopped cuttin on..it would go to the windows startup screen and wouldnt go any further..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4418
dang. i am getting more paranoid by the second......:-(:-(:-(

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8564
thanx 4 da heads up

Bronze Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 94
Try going to www.majorgeeks.com and look for Freeware versions of Anti-Spyware.You should be able to kill that virus and as a last resort you can always format your hard drive and start from scratch.

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 359
just restore your hardrive reinstal windows thats the best possible way to do it every 20min dont give u enough tim to do a virus check

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 570
talk to Isaac W hes got a degree with something to do with computers, he could probably help you out

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1145
ok. i got it all fixed. bassman3 helped me out and hooked me up with techsupportforum.com site, and another site. i got a few programs downloaded, and i ran them. i cleared out a lot of adware, and some spyware, but the aim was still messed up. then i found a thread on techsupportforum.com, about the aim virus, and the moderators there said to clean out spyware, and download aimfix. now my aim is running perfect again.

and after running adware and spyware programs, and finding some updates for my XP sp2, my computer is not restarting like that anymore.

ya chauncey ur welcome for the heads up. stay far away from any links talking about pictures, even if they are from ur sister. lol.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1146
by the way, that took like 2 hours ^^^, because my computer did keep restarting through half of the process. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 580
Good to hear, I hate when that stuff happens

Gold Member

Post Number: 4422
DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK.

IT WILL GIVE YOU A VIRUS.

but. this is the link steven's aim posted to me that is the VIRUS.

this is for everyone's protection is you are talking to him or anyone else.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifelessinabox: hey is it alright with you if i put this picture of us as my default on myspace? http://www.is*****lachaffers.com/images/download.php?&file=picture07.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i put asterisks in it so it doesn't make it a hyperlink and some dumba** clicks on it on accident. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us