RMS or Peak???

Username: Justinp21

Wyoming United States

Post Number: 5
i just blew out my stock speaker, so now im lookin for some new ones, ive heard that RMS is more important than peak, is this true? if so how much do i need to make my "sytem" sound not so... stock? can anybody help?

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 298
yea rms is the only thing that matters peak dont mean sh*t. the best thing to do is get components and a amp how much do u wanna spend

Wyoming United States

Post Number: 8
thats kinda what i was thinkin, im on a pretty tight budget probably under $200

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 241
Are you using your stock head unit? What size speakers do you have stock? The best advice is to go out and listen to as many different speakers as you can and decide which sound best to you. As long as you stick with major brands there isn't a ton of difference in the lower price range IMO.

Bronze Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 62
even adding some nice speakers and powering them with your head unit will make a noticable diiference. you don't necisarily need to go buy an amp and expensive components to get good sound.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3994
However, an amp and components will make a massive difference.

Though the original poster just wants something to sound 'not stock' so better speakers would definitely be fine.

Wyoming United States

Post Number: 9
im using an older model pioneer to 6x8 speakers in the back, thanks guys for the posts this helps a lot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us