Much louder will dynamat help

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_stu

Post Number: 49
alright today i switched the sub from facing the front of the car to facing the truck and it go insanely louder. the only problem with this is that it causes my trunk to flew like crazy. it sounds so terrible outside the car its not worth playing. i love the bass it has with the sub facing the back of the trunk but it isnt worth the rattle. i went and looked at some dynamat xtreme today and am wondering if this would help with the rattling outside of the car. i bought the license plate kit and it actually took car of that but before i buy an 90 dollar roll i want to know if it will help reduce the rattles on the oustide of the car and if it is easy to screw up on the install. also ive noticed that my system is a lot louder in my car with the windows up but ive done searches on this and everyones system seems to be louder when the windows are down. is there a reason why mine is louder with them up. thanx

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11531
who cares how it sounds outside the car? it's made to sound good IN the car.

dynamat will help dampen the resonations and mke it sound better.. probably not a lot 'louder'

Silver Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 296
a lot of people care about how it sounds outside the car so they dont get laughed at when they roll by

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 452
true

lol the only thing about my escalade is is that the window wipper on the backglass viberates pretty bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
aight i dynamated half of my trunk i ran out and it seemed to take car of some of the rattles. now after it is all dynamated and if it still rattles should i use a double layer or would that be counter productive

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4402
the more the merrier.

try dynamatting in specific areas

listen to the rattles and try to single them out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
yup i just bought 2 more packs. that stuff seems to be way overpriced but oh well. the two biggerst rattles are coming from a 1 sq ft section by my license plate that im gonna double up and at the top of the trunk. hopefuly this will work its starting to sound a lot better. cant wait till the other sub comes that will be the true test to see how well it works

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
alright i got it all dynamatted but theres some nasty rattles coming from my undercarriage of the car. is there an way i can fix this maybe some expandable foam or something. thanks for any suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Icecreamman5687

Post Number: 27
u know what u should do is go to a auto body shop and ask them about there oem sound densening pads...its like twice as thick as dymamat and threw my dad i get 4 sheets about 24"x24" for around 15 bucks....

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 563
when i get my system i want my car to rattle so ppl know that i have some crazy bass goin on the inside of my car...lol

Bronze Member
Username: Xstokes88

San Antonio, Texas United states

Post Number: 75
lol so u can get robbed^^^

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1384
this is a sad thread.

matt use as much dynamat as you can.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8568
It is much more impressive...to pull up beside somebody...and they dont here anything....but there car starts shakin

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1386
haha exactly...i would laugh if all i heard was rattles.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us