18" sub suggestion

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 138
is there a single 18" sub that would reach 150 DBs with a good install in a 4 door tahoe??
I was thinkin the audioque HD3 but any other suggestions thanks alot

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 139
my budget is about $500-600 just for the sub i have a 1700 watt amp but i'll get a new one if needed

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1710
make me a good offer and maybe i can sell u my my sx, 145.3 in an explorer with 1500 rms on the termal lab, with a precicion pwoer dcx1500.1 the woofer have like 5-7moths of waranty i have the receip and everything,

if u dont want re audio,

digital design (willbe more than your budgetz)
ficaraudiio
amercan bass
some treo ssx but they need alot of watts
atomic apx

not these speakers will giv you 150, u have to make a good box and give it good power 150 its not easy and even the best subwoofer ull need to have a good set up, i seen 4 15 cant even get to the 140's because of their poor install

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1711
look ot other tread and listen to chad lee, u cant go wrong with the sx

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4697
yeah you can't go wrong with the re sx 18 man. the sq is decent and the output is unbelievable. i gotta find a place to get mine metered. i am only giving it 1000wmrs and it feels like my back windshield is going to pop out. i can't turn it up too loud cause i am afraid something in my car will break. lol.

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 140
what kind of car do you have it in chad

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1137
hey chad. i keep seing threads about the re sx. im gunna get the zx1000 whcih will do like 1100rms. do u think i should have got the 15 sx, instead of the 15 ssi?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4698
the ssi sounds better than the re sx. alot better. don't get me wrong the sx isn't that bad sounding. its just the ssi has awesome sq. but the sx gets louder than the ssi by alot.

my single re sx 18 powered with 1000wrms gets just as loud as when i had 2 ssi 12s with 2000wrms. it also hits deeper.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4699
a sub i do want to try out real bad is the ssi 18 though. i think it will sound so clean and deep. i've only heard the 12 inch ssi so i don't really know what the 18 inch will sound like. big difference between 18 inch and 12 inch subs.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1139
ya thats true.

another question is should i get the kicker zx1000 for like 370 shipped (new) or the jbl 1201.1 II for 330.

kicker will do 1000 @ 12v. jbl will do 1114 @ 14.4v (new).

jbl has 120a in fuses, kicker has 100a....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4700
the jbl is cheaper so go with the jbl. they are both good amps. i prefer kickers but thats just me. i am a fan of kicker amps. they underrate their amps so much.

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1141
ya the jbl is 40 dollars cheaper, but i dont know if i just want to spend the extra 40 dollars, cause i think it might be worth it.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4701
what are you going to power with that amp?

Gold Member

IA US

Post Number: 1142
the 15 ssi
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us