One more question

Username: Lpg

Post Number: 4
when you guys run the postive wire to the car battery, do you drill a hole through your firewall or do you run the wire out the sidedoor and up the panel? thanks in advance...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3973
Run it through the firewall. You don't have to drill a hole per se, there is usually a pre-existing hole that can be utilized-sometimes you might have to remove rubber grommets to find a hole that will work for your wiring.

Some people run it outside the car because they're too lazy to go through the firewall, and it is NOT recommended.

Bronze Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 86
Most people drill the firewall. Be sure to not drill in to something. Use a grommet on the hole you create so that you do not chafe your wire.

I have an Ford F150 and there was already a grommet that the normal wire passed through so I just used the stock one. If I were you I would check to make sure you don't already have one.

Username: Lpg

Post Number: 5
i have a 1995 toyota camry and the foreign cars like to cover a lot of shi5t so its hard to find a hole for in the firewall.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2982
yea. i installed an amp on a camry, and it is bundled up underneith the hood etc.

but yea, if you can find one, take a punch (think thats what you call it) and go inside the car, and take a hammer and hit the punch into the firewall creating an indentation... now go under the hood and do the same thing, where you see it bulding outwards, and thats where you want to drill the hole
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us