Anybody have a 1993-1996 Caprice Classic ? System in it ?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3998
If so then please tell me what you have and if you have pics feel free to post them.

Is the front doors only 4" ?

The rear speakers 6x9" ?

IT has a huge trunk also.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 416
actually i've seen a few with 4" and some with 4x6". I think either one will work and the rear speakers are 6x9" If your looking 4 ideas you could go 2 www.cardomain.com and do a search 4 them.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 478
I've installed 4 12" JLs in a sealed box. with about 1.5cu.ft. per chamber. Sounds good, but he still has his factory speakers so if you turn the bass on the HU up at all then they distort badly, and sound like theyre gunna blow even at low volume. Do you have a caprice, whats it look like?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3999
Its a 1994 Caprice Classic, i will post some pics once i get a chance. Its the burgundy color that looks dark purple with everything stock and original. I believe it was a police car before i got it at the auction. Its in great condition for a 1994 and has 125,000 miles on it. Runs great and all. Very powerfull and smooth with great control and safe ride. The trunk is big so im probably going to put in 12 or 2. The stock speakers right now suck and are probably blown by the way it sounds. The stock hu is delco or somthing.

Im deciding on which speakers to put in this ride still.

I have a RF Power1000 5 channel limited edition amp that is 25 to life and only 2500 made.

Sub channel does 800 x 1 @ 1 ohm as well as 4 channels for speakers at about 50 x 4 @ 4 ohm and can be bridged for more power and at 2 ohm for double. Its a great amp and im probably going to use it in this ride.

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 481
Nice. Thats the same color as my friends idk wat year his is tho. The only problem you may have is alot of rattle, his does, but its mainly b/c his bumper is loose from a small collision with a pole he had.Lol. Anyways, the dent is in the back right corner of his car and its about the size of 2 basketballs side by side, and when you turn up the JLs it flexes like crazy, but has a very annoying rattle.
Also, the hardest thing bout gettin the box in there, was that near the back of the trunk there is a hump and it really got in the way and made it difficult.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4000
Exactly, there is a hump near the back of the trunk and that is the only problem i see. I usually like about a 1ft of distance from where the sub is facing to the end of the trunk. Oh well i will get around it. Im trying to figure out where i want to mount the amp for this one. I like to keep it hidden but the amp looks to good to hide...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1178
congrats on 4000!

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4001
Thanks man, long time in the making

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 485
Maybe a false floor, or mount the amp on one side standing vertical so that its seen and u dont have to worry bout sittin stuff on it.

What subs will u be gettin, and components?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4002
Well i have brand new RL-P 12.

Have a JL 12w6v2 and a 10w6v2 brand new.

I also have 6x9 Pioneer Premier REV 2 way speakers for the rears.

I dont know what to do with the front doors yet since i can only fit 4" or 4x6"

I was thinking to just get coaxials and also thought about components but i dont want to make holes in the doors this time around or anything like that.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

I will be using my Rockford 5 Channel Power1000 for this setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us